No power

Markey

Reaction score
My car has just developed a fault where when i plant my foot down it goes no where. The car is nolonger boosting somtimes it will start to then back right off again and the car wont pick up speed unless i go down a hill...
Any ideas i thought it could be the N75 valve so i changed this for my mates N75j to test and that still did the same and now it feels even worse than before please help!!!

Thanks

I have a problem like that.

Try unplugging the MAF and see if it changes the car a little.

Its the big plug btw with the big rubber cover. I am sure you would know anyway.

Let me know how you get on.

I had that changed last year so i hope thats not the problem.

Check all your hoses mate. With your setup if your still on the oem hoses you could well have split one. Have you got a boost gauge? If not I recommend getting one, makes it easier to diagnose this sort of problem.

There are not split hoses as they are all new.
Its weird as it boosts then backs off every now and then.

DV?? Is it diaphragm or piston? Limp mode maybe? Doubt that though if you haven't changed anything... hmmm /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Its not the DV either as that is a new piston one, but driving home today it was slightly more powerfull and was going faster but not as quick as normal.

had similar problems on my S3, fault turned out to be faulty throttle potentiometer and a lambda probe. Its not impossible that another MAF could have gone though.

true best get it booked into a garage and let them sort it out.