Clutch judder

fARQUARE

Reaction score
I seemed to have developed a slight judder in my clutch, here are the car/symptoms:

1.9 tdi afn avant,110 bhp (re_mapped) 232k miles.
New Sachs/luk clutch and dmf fitted 40k (18 months) ago

When cold like pulling away from work in the evening I get a bit of a judder from the clutch when moving off. This only happens when cold and only on the 1st pull away.
There appear to be no other symptoms, and the clutch is not slipping.

There is a new oil leak which appears to be coming from the back of the block which I'm guessing could point to rear crank seal, I'm assuming that the oil is leaking onto the clutch and it's going to be a box out job to fix.

Does this seem reasonable diagnosis for the symptoms?
Mechanics diagnosis on the phone was more likely to be the dmf giving up the ghost.

Any thoughts on what might be going on.

Been under the car tonight, oil on the gearbox but it does not appear to be coming out the holes in the bellhousing.

I put new oil and filter on the car a few weeks ago. Since then I've had 2 seperate leaks.

As a precauution I might dump this stuff and refill with the usual muck

Had similar problems with mine it felt as though one of the wheels was 'skipping' if you no what i mean fitted new mounts and it seams to have cured it, n/s gearbox mount was knackered so think thats why it felt like the n/s wheel was skipping as the weight of the drivetrain was moving the n/s the most.

Guess it does feel like a wheel spin, goin in to get the brakes bled in the morning anyway. I'll get them to check it out

Oil leak appears to be leaking sump gasket which is now nipped up.

Guess the dmf is starting its nonsense, will post if/when it gets worse.