Master cylinder question

HOTTIGGER

Reaction score
hi all, is the master cylinder on a, audi A3 sport 1.8t, the same as 1999 audi S3, the look the excat same, and fit the same, but will it be the same and work the same?, ive looked all day and most of the s3 master cylinders ive seen, seem to bolt on to the car at a differnt angel to mine, my 1999 s3 is a pre face lift, and the master cylinder that lookes closted is for a A3 SPORT 1.8T, are the the same master cylinders? my s3 has not got ESP, and there are no senors at all going into it, will the master cylinder be the same as on audi A3 sport 1.8t as my s3?, the s3 has a bit more horse power and bigger brake cailpers than the a3 sport turbo, thanks in advance​

...for what its worth the S3 and A3 1.8t's share the same front calipers... S3's have larger discs is all and vented rears..

<tuffty/>

thanks ARAGORN m8, i was just a bit worried cus of the bigger brake set up on my s3, i tryed to but 2 today for audi s3, but the bolt on the car in a differnt angle, the a3 and mk 4 golf bolt on the same and look the same, THANKS AGAIN, MARTIN.

yes it should be the same on a non-esp car

Just make sure that the bellow on the master cylinder is the same length as the one you remove... else there will be brake sticking on problems ahead.

[QUOTE=Welly;1657130]Just make sure that the bellow on the master cylinder is the same length as the one you remove... else there will be brake sticking on problems ahead.QUOTE]

HI m8 ,,the bellow ?? Thanks,