London Transport featuring in News Bulletins again...

FactionOne

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Has anyone else seen one yet?

Reports of evacuations Shepherd's Bush, Warren Street and The Oval with Tubes and Buses involved, allegedly a Nail Bomb exploded at Warren Street.

It's not looking good... Again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Rob.

Got this from the beeb....

Tube cleared after minor blasts

Police have set up cordons round the stations
Dummy explosions using detonators only have sparked the evacuation of three Tube stations and the closure of three lines, a BBC correspondent has said.
Police cordoned off large areas around Warren Street, Oval and Shepherd's Bush Tube stations.

Emergency services also attended an incident on a route 26 bus in Hackney Road in Bethnal Green.

There were reports of smoke coming from two of the stations. There are no reports of any injuries.

The whole of the Northern Line has been suspended, along with the Victoria Line and the Hammersmith and City.

A spokesman for London Underground said the nature of the incidents was unknown.

One hospital, near Warren Street station, has started its emergency plan.

Sosiane Mohellavi, 35, was travelling from Oxford Circus to Walthamstow when she was evacuated from a train at Warren Street.

"I was in the carriage and we smelt smoke - it was like something was burning. "Everyone was panicked and people were screaming. We had to pull the alarm. I am still shaking."

But a BBC reporter outside Warren Street station said there was no sign of smoke outside.

Trying to follow some of the eyewitness reports on the BBC. Looks like two at least of these incidents did not cause any injuries! (bit hard to follow on the net though, any news on the radio over there?)

I can (just) see Warren Street tube from my office window.

All nicely cordoned off. Haven't seen any smoke, and the police just seem to be milling around.

No bangs heard. I'm about 300 yards north of the Euston Road.

We've been told to stay put in the office for the moment.

keep away from large glass windows. The classic trick with terrorists is to set off a small explosion to attract people to the scene and then detonate a bigger device to cause maximum damage. Since the first blasts did very little this may turn out to be one of those.

Not easy when you work in a glass fronted building that has a south facing bit down to Warren Street. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif

Especially when you have a desk next to the window. We've been advised to close the blinds.

I have no less than eight evacuated No.25 bendybuses sitting outside my office window (wall to wall glass - yikes). Not terribly reassuring.

However they only seem to have evacuated some buses - the No.8s that also pass under my window are still running.

glad they are still running as il be trying to get on one of them in a mo
im in holborn - am i right in thinking u are also RTT ??

RTT??

Our offices are slap bang on Holborn Viaduct - big pink and glass building.

Traffic looks hellish from where I'm sitting. Mercifully I drove to work today (first time in 2 months) so shouldn't be too problematic or scary to get home.

The thing is when we catch them wots going to happen to them? 15-20 years! deported back to wot ever country they are from (if not UK cittezens) some times living in a democracy is a bad thing! maybe we can have them shot under the treason act??????

on bbc- the guy they shot was nothing to do with the bombings. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif

What an idiot for jumping over barriers and running from the police- must have been guilty of summat I suppose.

But then the officers were plain clothes.

[ QUOTE ]
on bbc- the guy they shot was nothing to do with the bombings. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif

What an idiot for jumping over barriers and running from the police- must have been guilty of summat I suppose.

But then the officers were plain clothes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Am sure they annouced they where police ! its a terrible thing that has happened but if someone with a gun shouts at me "stop" i STOP! espesialy with all wots happened!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hopefully the police will do a search of the area with their dogs, so I would not worry too much. If you hear a bang, just hit the floor as fast as you can.

[/ QUOTE ]

what the feck has the world coome too..... i cant believe were actually talking like this.....??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I come from a place where we had to live and talk like this, unfortunately it looks like it's your turn now. Unless of course you find the vermin and exterminate them.

How's the hand doing? :)

[/ QUOTE ]

hand is very sore mate.... bigger job than i thought it would be ...... i keep knocking the ****** pins (k-wires) all the time.... ive learnt swear words i never knew existed..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gifcheers for asking /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Glad the op went well myzeneye. Hope you have a speedy recovery mate best wishes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif