Belt squeak when clutch is dipped or when air con is on???

Cash

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

First post so bear with me!

When the engine is cold I'm getting a squeaking noise from the belt area of the engine. This is only when the clutch is dipped midway in first gear or, which seems odd, when I switch the air con on?

Had a look throught some old posts but cant see that anyone has had the problem occur with the clutch and air con?

Can anyone help?

Thanks

First thoughts would be the auxillary belt or tensioner. Check to see if the belt is worn. When you switch the aircon on, a clutch will engage so that the belt will drive the aircon compressor. This puts an extra load on the belt, and of course if the belt is not tight enough it will squeek. I believe that the belt needs to be changed every 40,000 miles. Not sure about the tensioner, but that may need attention too. Cannot explain the connection with the clutch. Good luck.

Reactions: Cash
Spray some wd40 on the belt itself & see if it stops, maybe a bit dry, I had this & hasnt done it for a while, but a new belt wouldnt go amiss, although tensioner may need replacing aswell if its been on a while tbh.