Paralympics - The opening ceremony.

StateOfPlay

Reaction score
Bit odd.

I will give it a bit longer before I go and paint something and watch it dry.

I have to agree, its not holding my attention. :) x

Stephen Hawking speak and spell, and now adverts.

Mind, I did shed a tear of pride at the pre ceremony vid about that woman who lost her legs in the 7/7 bombing. Inspirational.

Stephen Hawking speak and spell, and now adverts.

Mind, I did shed a tear of pride at the pre ceremony vid about that woman who lost her legs in the 7/7 bombing. Inspirational.

I have a lot of respect for the athletes, who are all an inspiration to us. They have overcome some many personal and physical disabilities. I will certainly watch and most likely enjoy the games, but the ceremony is just not what i was expecting. :) x

I gave up a while ago. Watching the program on BBC4 about Britain leading the world in developing jet engined passenger planes in the 1950's....

Do have tickets for the athletics on Saturday and Sunday - as I missed out on the Olympics I'm looking forward to finally setting foot in the Olympic park.

​Im sure you will enjoy the athletics at the weekend Jason. I still have the ceremony on, but im on here and listening to my ipod at the same time. Hope you enjoy your athletics. :) x

As everyone has said, massive respect for the athletes. I'm sad it doesn't get mainstream coverage like the Olympics but then that's ratings for you! I'll be catching everything I can thought in between doing work... occasionally