Ideas NHN/tech/expert/someone had the same pleeeease? TDi 170 cured/not/cured/not!

Cheers Max

aaaaaaand que the dpf light...***!

Surley this must b related with the heat, its the first time its come on with me, at work so can't read book but drive if along at 2500 or something until light goes off

Oh n added to this the rattly noise!

Last edited:
Reactions: Tinners
Ok, tonight ive taken it for a drive in 4th at 3k revs for a bit and sure enough light has gone out

Its driving near perfect :think:

and it is actually 820 rpm to be very precise, I was reading each notch as 10 not 20

So how likley is all this low down hesitation due to the dpf? surely they cant be all that bad? as its sometimes undrivable in traffic!

It didnt seem to do the pull/go/pull/go in 3rd and 4th either

This is the most frustrating part as ive no idea how long it could stay being good for :confused:

I have booked to take it back to cg tomorrow anyway, and they have said theyll do some checks then are looking at taking it to audi to have the ecu flashed back to stock on advice of last place it went in to, which is good, its pointless having it a bit quicker than normal if its not all the time, and they are not exactly slow anyway!

Feel free to add to my war and peace!

Allll righty theeeeeen!

After the DPF active regen from yesterday its been running well, drove 75 miles taking car back to place I bought it today, mostly on A1 then A41 so a mix of 70 ish with the odd blast then some town driving, whilst sitting in traffic I heard the dreaded revs pick up and watched 1000 on the counter, felt a little bit jerky but not too bad

Arrived at the garage and went for drive to show technician what its doing, was more lumy by now and he saw the revs keep going to 800 then 1000 etc... it become more undrivabale

Theeeeeeen on the way back to the garage...beeeeeep...DPF light back on, boom!

So thats come back on in 75 miles of being cleared yesterday

Now that cant be right?!

Im hoping they faff around with it and get the others on as its supposed to be going to audi anyway to flash ecu but this would ensure it does, then im hoping they find a faulty ecu and dpf!

At least it seems isolated to these two things now

Annnnd breathe...

Spoke to garage this morning, not audi

They are saying it is due 4 ecu...updates? Which they can do :/

Don't fully follow that, any ideas?

Yes, get update numbers as in TPI numbers & take it to audi for the updates, that will flash it to stock aswell.

Ok that's what I thought, cargiant seemed to think they have the equipment to do the updates themselves?

I wonder why Audi didn't pick up on these when it went in for service n health check, hmmmm

Mate without being funny, not trying to be an **** here, but just take the damn car to audi, you keep looking at alternative routes, numerous people have advised you & so far 4 weeks later you havnt been near a dealer, get the ecu flashed properly by an audi dealer, they will flag any updates anyway.

Dont use CG, tell them you want it done at audi nobody else, so then you're guaranteed its got an audi map/update on the car, unless CG have vas/odis with germany online cnnection then forget it, they could be using a hacked vas for all you know.

You'll just going round in circles & getting nowhere fast, start from a base & work from there as such, back to basics fault analysis its really that simple.

Feck it if you were in the south I'd get you hooked up to my dealer guys just to get you into a dealer lmao.

Also get a full vcds scan of the car so you can see module version numbers before its been flashed, then you know if its been done or not.

Master of nothing, just logic & common sense tbh guys.

I couldn't agree more, imagine how frustrating it is for me!

I did attempt to book it into my local Audi but if u remember they wouldn't touch it because it had a remap, they claimed

It the got to a point where cg won't pay anyone else

The deal was they have it back to check, but I have stressed I want it taken to Audi in London, which I am under the impression they are doing

Biggest issue is my hands being tied, plus don't want to be lumbered with a massive bill if anything else is found wrong

its a pain in the ****, really I just want putting back to standard n I feel a new dpf as it shouldn't keep lighting up n regen as it is

Exactly, I seem to say this everyday recently, lol

I am trying to tell them, through as u say common sense n guidance from here, what is best n needs to be done, but its getting them to follow it!

I must say I feel a bit helpless with all this, especially as all messages are relayed with company call centre to workshop

Latest, apparently they do have a link with audi? so can and are doing these 4 updates themselves, at the point I was talking he said there was about an hour left on the last update

I have no idea if that is b00lox of right time wise, or if they really do have a link so they can download the updates

But the bottom line is from my understanding is even if they do really sucessfully put these updates on, that wont flash it back to standard?

sigh, big sigh!

If they flash the ecu with firmware updates, it will remove any previous mapping, I know this because I had our a3 updated & the map was gone which is fine as I expected this anyway, but I dont see why they need to flash it with 4 files, you would think the latest file will be a rollup of all of them, ours went straight to the latest release, be interested to know exactly what TPI's these were.

Please obtain this data from them & be specific like tpi numbers, firmware versions etc.

Ok I'll try, what does TPi stand for by the way?

When you mentioned the VCDS print out, is this something cg can give me?

Bit late in day tbh to get vcds log, as you now dont know what version the modules were before, whose to know what they did, I suspect they have a deal with an audi dealer & that dealer will have logs of the whole process 100% anyway, but trying to get that data maybe fun, as I said I would of helped you to get it flashed properly but you didnt seem to take that onboard, so you're now as you were before they said they were flashing the car.

I as others cant really offer anymore advice tbh apart from actually you physically going to audi & asking them to check records for your vin with vag germany for flash updates or do the ecu again so you're 100% guaranteed its done.

Ok well they have done their thing as they wanted, 4 updates done...no different

Am still waiting on codes

They are now sending it to Audi on Thursday

From what they said the DPF has been mentioned a lot, but not sure if a fault with this would cause hesitations and symptoms I have been getting, apart from when it seems to feel like its constantly wanting to regen

Watch this space...

UPDATE!

Ill keep it short, as I said took the car back to cg, they did the 4 ecu updates, still the same, sent it to London Audi aaaaaaaaaaaaand

NO FAULT FOUND!!!!!!! ***!

Anyway, ive told them i want my money back so its down that road we now go, after three painstaking months and 8, yes 8 different garages trying to find the solution!

CB