Cruise control issues!

Breezey

Reaction score
Hi chaps,

Ive recently retrofitted cruise to my 04 2.0l tdi sport, now the retrofit went fine, i instaklled the extra wire etc and everything seemed to be ok. Bascily ive come to code it and wondered why it isnt working until ive taken it out and had a play on the road. Thie situation is this, it works but not as i expected it too, my set and resume switches dont seem to be doing anything, the off ans spee + / - are working fine which is the only way i can get the cruise to work but i cant pick the speed and click set then resume, its always + / - to acctivate, any ideas or does this sound like a dodgy stalk?

Cheers

Ben

You need to check which steering ecu you have fitted. iirc the midline ecus can have cruise retrofitted but it won't have full functionality.

Right ok, can this be checked on VCDS or have i got to take the cowling down again? do you know which ones support it fully or not? i seriously hope i dont have to upgrade as this is going to be an expensive mod!

Its a sport and ive got the full height DIS so i thought i was good to go ? :S

Right ok, can this be checked on VCDS or have i got to take the cowling down again? do you know which ones support it fully or not? i seriously hope i dont have to upgrade as this is going to be an expensive mod!

Its a sport and ive got the full height DIS so i thought i was good to go ? :S

You will have a steering ecu starting with 1K0 and probably ending with AF. This ecu only allows the alternative operation which does not use the 'set' button at all.

If you want to change the operation to what you think it should be then you need steering ecu 8P0 --- --- F which will cost you about £150 !

You will have a steering ecu starting with 1K0 and probably ending with AF. This ecu only allows the alternative operation which does not use the 'set' button at all.

If you want to change the operation to what you think it should be then you need steering ecu 8P0 --- --- F which will cost you about £150 !

Brilliant ! might aswell go MFSW aswell then, and so the list gets bigger!

Thanks anyway i will go and have a check now.

It can be checked via VCDS yes. If you do a global scan of the car it list all ecus fitted.

Mine has the full height DIS too but I still had to replace the steering ecu

I've got one for sale if you want it .

An ECU or MFSW? mine is the 1k0 one by the looks of things.

1k0 953 549 A

Edit: looks like thats the midline one then damit! still nice to know i can updrage to highline will this increase my DIS functions or will that need a new cluster?

An ECU or MFSW? mine is the 1k0 one by the looks of things.

1k0 953 549 A

Edit: looks like thats the midline one then damit! still nice to know i can updrage to highline will this increase my DIS functions or will that need a new cluster?

You need a highline ecu (8P0....F) for the mfsw and to make the cruise work as you want.

It will not increase the functions on the DIS.

No mate - a MFSW !

Thought you were suggesting that if you needed to change the ecu to the 8P0 version you might as well do the mfsw as well !

I was indeed susgesting that, my problem is im halfway through other mods aswell its all happening at once ahhhhh !. Im fitting rear parking sensors which is going to require several upgrades by the looks of things too :(. Which wheel do you have and how much did you want for it? would be nice if its the 8P2 sline wheel with an airbag but youll probably want loads id imagine ha.

You need a highline ecu (8P0....F) for the mfsw and to make the cruise work as you want.

It will not increase the functions on the DIS.

What does the highline do over midline then? so i wont get the menus etc like the DSG variants have?

I was indeed susgesting that, my problem is im halfway through other mods aswell its all happening at once ahhhhh !. Im fitting rear parking sensors which is going to require several upgrades by the looks of things too :(. Which wheel do you have and how much did you want for it? would be nice if its the 8P2 sline wheel with an airbag but youll probably want loads id imagine ha.

It will fit an 8P2 (3 spoke wheel) with a shield shaped airbag but it does not have an sline badge.

Price is not discussed in threads but you can PM me if interested.