A4 B6 Right Rear Door Lock Removal

dunanga

Reaction score
Audi A4 2.0 B6 ALT engine [a4][a4][a4]
My rear right door is misbehaving but in a not too serious way. The door locks ok and the window and full closure works too. The only nag I have with it is that when I open the door, the puddle/vanity/footwell lights do not illuminate.. Sometimes they do. I removed the door panel and managed to figure out that something in the lock mechanism is not doing what it should do. If there is anyone who knows how to replace the lock please help with info.

Last edited:
My right rear door does this, but my window and puddle lights dont work all the time. Think theres a broken wire in the door loom somewhere, you sure its not something similar?

My right rear door does this, but my window and puddle lights dont work all the time. Think theres a broken wire in the door loom somewhere, you sure its not something similar?
I have been in the rubber boot that houses the door harness. No wires have been breached in this section. I took apart the door panel and found out that holding the inside & outside door leever (not both at the same time) in the open position for extended period switches the lights on. I concluded that a part of the locking mechanism has an intermittent fault. The central locking, electric window, electric window switch illumination and both the main speaker together with tweeter all work good. Only puddle & footwell lights and DIS display door-open only work when they feel like!:blackrs4: