After a month it's back!

jesters3

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Yessss
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

My darling is back home now, after a month without her while she was getting repaired. The car has had a new engine, new clutch, new flywheel, new exhaust manitfold and battery all fitted. I was quite happy with the service got from both Audi Customer Care and Ridgeway Audi, they really did got that little bit extra to get the car paid for and sorted out, thankfully all under warranty after a bit of haggling.

Well she is feeling lovely, have to run the car in for the 1000miles to let the components bed themselves in nicely. But already have noticed how smooth the gearchange is with the new clutch in place. Though I haven't pulled her through the 3krpm she does feel nice and progressive with little flutter coming from engine as I had before. I'll have to check the oils as IIRC the S3 drank quite a bit in the first few months when I had one new. Even so it is so nice to get back in the car, the TTC that I had as a courtesy car was great but only for a limited time and was starting to get unbearable with the poor view you get at certain points.

The car is pratically brand new as I've had new tyres, discs and pads done a couple of months ago and recently it has new ARB put on as well, coupled with the new Haldex unit I had fitted at the start of the year the car is back to A1 condition.

It's been an expensive few months, but the best thing I paid for was the extended warranty, though it did cost double last year it has saved me quite a few thousand pounds.

My missus reckons I should sell it now, but why as the car is brand new why would I want to sell it!!!

Anyways cheers all /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Glad everything is ok matey!

Now go put some miles on her!

congrats mate - a brand new engine! u must be loving it.

Nice one matey.
I've had my S3 (85k miles) over a year now but only recently found out that it had a new engine fitted at 50k!!
A warrenty job apparently, obviously carried out by an Audi dealer. Nice to know that my engine has only done 35k.

Can I ask what caused the problem ?
Glad to hear you're happy and all sorted though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Cheers. The water pump went and then the cambelt and everything else. The pistons went through the head so got a new engine to be on the safeside, whilst they had the engine out they sorted out the clutch, flywheel and exhaust manifold. Quite happy with the result and quite fortunate, if I had no warranty I would have been stuffed. Only 737 miles to go now.....