S3 MPG?

MarkyS3

Reaction score
What sort of figures you getting on mixed driving? im seeing 30.1 on trip computer and getting around 70 miles to £20 is this right?

Trip computer tells me 28.9mpg average, in reality, low 20s for town driving, low 30s for mainly motorway, most Ive got is 34mpg on my car, but average 26mpg overall using brim to brim figures.

How many times did you put your foot down on that £20 lol i did quite a few times and got 70 so seems about right then.

Don't tend to drive it like a granny as don't use it that much!! The wife uses it more than me, she's even gone to the mainland today lol

round town and very short trips full tank of vpower takes me 230 miles, about 19 mpg :sign_omg:
motorway and A roads about 390 miles, 30mpg

car doesn't like short journeys me thinks

£20 is around 3 gallons of V-Power @£1.469 p/l, so 30mpg is 90miles for your £20, I'm getting 75/80 odd in my car

Likewise jojo.

Figures Just about match mine as im Averaging much the same.

35-36 on a motorway is not uncommon but there are sooo many factors. I'd say you were under but I wouldn't worry too much. Just enjoy it :)

Got my first 420mile tank o fuel the other day which is 31.4mpg and that was 2 trips to gatwick from Southampton a bit of town driving and some 3rd gear logging too :) I do like how I am adding bhp and mpg lately lol

My pixals are dying so i cant see what mpg its saying.
I put £30 a time in normally and get around 130 miles, so that sounds aout right.
Thats about 28mpg i make it.

My pixals are dying so i cant see what mpg its saying.
I put £30 a time in normally and get around 130 miles, so that sounds aout right.
Thats about 28mpg i make it.

Cluster sort is easy. £99 quid. Havant & Waterville outfit will do while you wait. Or...visit their shop on eBay. But the car will be off the road for 2 days.

JimGrim your very close to me, im the other side of Yatton lol, ok cool where are they based?

JimGrim your very close to me, im the other side of Yatton lol, ok cool where are they based?

Yeah, not been on here for a while. Finished mine now and spending the time driving it. I'm based in clevedon.

The cluster repair place is near Portsmouth. Good drive down though through Salisbury.

Yeh some great roads, there must be somewhere closer surely?

MPG on an S3........... Much better than the Focus ST i sold
I just drove 85 miles and didnt even go onto the fuel light again (still got 80 miles in tank!!) - only put £20 in.
ST would have burned through that fairly quickly.

But its early days yet as ive only just got the car. As long as it does better than 16MPG average ill be happy - which is what i got with st

MPG on an S3........... Much better than the Focus ST i sold
I just drove 85 miles and didnt even go onto the fuel light again (still got 80 miles in tank!!) - only put £20 in.
ST would have burned through that fairly quickly.

But its early days yet as ive only just got the car. As long as it does better than 16MPG average ill be happy - which is what i got with st

Much much better. You'll be fine.

It just Depends on how excited you get. :)

Yeah i want to get my clocks sorted, but i use it everyday for work.

I thought about a focus St, but heard they were bad on fuel. 16mpg is just crazy!

When were both ready to get clocks done we could convoy down?

Not much of a convoy mate, id go down the M40 to the A34.

Right ok, i didnt know which way you would go.

Thinking id send them off instead of the drive tbh mate.

Do people love visiting petrol stations?

I've never understood sticking small amounts in a car, just brim the ****** thing and that way you dont have to visit the station again until it runs out.

Also gives you a much better idea of the fuel economy as you can actually work out how much fuel you've used and how far you've gone either manually or using something like fuelly.

I've never understood sticking small amounts in a car, just brim the ****** thing and that way you dont have to visit the station again until it runs out.

Also gives you a much better idea of the fuel economy as you can actually work out how much fuel you've used and how far you've gone either manually or using something like fuelly.

This is what I do Kev, but with a full tank of petrol from empty hovering around the £80 mark, it's understandable that people budget £20 a week on fuel instead of brimming it. We are living in a different time now where people have to watch the pennies.

Tbh if I have a full tank of fuel then I am more than likely to drive everywhere and anywhere! After I got my car remapped a few months ago I got through a full tank of V power in about 3 hours and drove under 200 miles on a morning run! lol

In the past couple of years I drive with at least 1/4 to 3/4's of a tank and I find that I stop myself gaining a heavy right foot. I put at least £30 in a time though :) and I also have a couple of attractive females working at my local Shell which is also a bonus! lol

you can get 500 out of a tank believe it or not, been there and done it ! realistically though, expect an average of 25mpg with mixed driving, pure town driving will eat that though as it is a heavy car for a small engine

What's this company in Portsmouth called? My screen is in need of a refurb and they are quite close to me so very tempted!

My average over 6700 miles keeping brim to brim records is 28.3mpg.

Thats a mix of a A/B/Motorway driving, and occasional 'enthusiastic' stuff...

What's this company in Portsmouth called? My screen is in need of a refurb and they are quite close to me so very tempted!

Cartronix
Havant & waterlooville
tel:02392 265 986
£99 repair

eBay shop of they'll sort while you wait.

My Trip shows an average of 31 how accurate it is i don't know?
I get about 90 ish miles to £20 with sensible ish motorway miles and a bit of spirited driving too.

You can get an app on the iPhone called road trip and it works it all out for you. It was on fifth gear the other week and it tells me I'm doing 28mpg and my trip is saying 28.2

I use Fuelly, see my sig >

However it (and presumably road trip too) only works if you brim the tank every time, as thats the only way it can know how much you've actually used.

You put your Milage and Litres and price in ever time fill up so it works it out from that

I only put £20-30 in at a time, where i live if my car gets nicked im not paying for there joy ride and there more likely to need filling up so more likley to be shown up on anpr, as you say the times have changed lol

And in theory you are lumping around fuel wich is heavy so there for you are using more fuel to pull it around!lol

I get about 34mpg but the mrs drives it in the week its also got a stage 1 remap and its a mk1tt so heavier than the s3.