Wheel fitment

AndyParker

Reaction score
Hi guys I'm looking at some alloys which are meant for an Audi TT so have the following fitment;

235/35/19 9J ET52

Are these going to be OK on my 8P2 S3?

I know that ideally it's best to go for 8.5J if possible.

Car isn't lowered at the moment but will be about 65-75mm If possible.

Are these wheels going to tuck OK?

Thanks guys

AP

As ever you are the man N8

Would 8.5J still require the stretched tyre and the spacers?

Half an inch narrower would only be ~6mm on the inside, you'd still be better getting a 5mm spacer with the 8.5" wheels. 225/35 R19 will fit, or 215 if you want more stretch, but 235 will probably rub (especially once lowered).

Sorry I should have said will it require the spacers and stretch to clear the struts on 8.5J

I.e. on 8.5J are spacers/stretch required for personal stance preference or are they required as a minimum just to drive the thing :)

i think either way I might be passing on the wheels I found!

N8 - would your old 20" RS6 alloys need spacers or would they go on without any futher mods (personal preference on stance aside) I'm looking at VWPalmer's ad on ED38.

Have you got any pics of them on when the car isn't on the floor? i.e. at "normal" ride height.

My inital concern was that they would just look too big but i've used www.willtheyfit.com and it's telling me that rim+tyre diameter will only be 6mm bigger than the standard S3 setup which has made me think again.

To clear the strut the 9"s will need at least 5mm spacers, the 8.5"s are just over 6mm narrower on the inside so will clear without spacers but something like ET45 sits better for 19"x8.5" and stretched tyres.

As for 20s, just look at N8s and you'll see that they look a LOT bigger than 18s or 19s, but with such low profile tyres the rolling diameter isn't a lot more.

Thanks Mart - that has cleared up what i was trying to get at!

I think i'm trying to talk myself into the 20"s but i think it will need to be (air?) low to properly pull them off.

Perhaps i should just be waiting for the right set of 19"s to come along - patience haha

Ride height:

f503704e.jpg

BALLER ride height:

dc854e2f.jpg

You need major lows to pull of 20"s static. Palmer's RS6s *are* my old ones :laugh:

Thanks Fella - i had assumed that they were one and the same, minus the purple paint, given that they must be fairly rare in that size

Any idea how much you are down in the first photo and whether that is achieveable on coilies?

Thanks N8 - I think you'll be as pleased as I will be when I'm on some new wheels as it'll mean no more questions :)