Replacing both doors

doublem_1

Reaction score
Instead of repairing rust on both doors by taking it to a garage, I think/hope it'll better to replace the door skins with some from a scrapped vehicle. Has anyone replaced a door before? I'm thinking of taking it to a garage to get them to do the work. Will it likely cost much?

It would be cheaper and easier to buy 2 used doors. Or repair yours.

Replacing a skin isn't a quick easy job, and it will need painting. They are welded on, be never heard of removing an old skin and reusing it. You could source pattern ones, but would still be a lot of labour and painting.

When I say replace the skin I meant for a used door. Think its the better option. Just need to find somewhere that is happy to do the work.

That's a decent option, provided you can find the right colour and shade, and doesn't need work.

Paints have many different shades, even for the same code. What colour is it? Silver is one of the worst to match.

Other that that, it's just swapping whatever you need to from yours. Getting the panel gaps right etc

Its silver funnily enough! LY7W. I'd be very weary doing it myself. Can see it being tricky.