Are Inner CV joints handed?

Prawn

My other car is a MINI!!!!
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
As the title folks, does anyone know if inner CV joints are handed left and right?

I have a shake under load, which I suspect is driveshaft related. I've checked everything else possible, and changed one shaft for a spare, changed the wheels, and the problem still exists. Only thing I've not changed is the pass side shaft, which I don't have a spare for.

Could I swap the inner CV joint from my known good spare RHS shaft, onto my LHS shaft?

Not on the older front wheel drive audi's i've worked on but i couldn't swear for the A3... i wouldn't have thought so to be honest.... only thing that would be different is the actual length of each shaft

Hi

I had a look at ETKA and the there seems to be no differentiation between left/right CV joints.

EDIT: Couldn't be a bent shaft could it it?

Liam

they are the same BUT if a joint has spent its life on say the O/s when fitted to the N/s you may have a little Knock due to the joint running the opp way, but when i say chance of the knock what i really mean is you would have to be really unlucky for it to knock

sorry to bring up an old thread but i need to replace my inner CV on my S3. everywhere ive looked you can only get the inner with the driveshaft, does that mean i cant just replace the inner CV without buying the whole shaft? also wheres the best place to get the parts from?