2010 A3 BE, Aux in & 2012 RNS-E

rdfcpete

Reaction score
My 2012 RNS-E LED is now fitted to my MY10 Black Edition 2.0 TDI 170 3door. It came with BOSE and Aux in from factory. Aux in worked superbly with the Symphony kit.

Having fitted the RNS-E which was very easy to do, the BOSE works a treat. The Aux in function however doesn't work, perhaps expected having looked at a few other the threads.

Having fitted the RNS-E, all I've done is fit the OEM quadlock and not removed any other wires.

To now get the factory Aux in to work with the factory wiring, is the next step to follow Marc's excellent guide as provided here, or do I need to take a different next step?

rnseauxin - Audi Retrofit

I'm an electrical DIY moron so guidance is appreciated :icon_thumright:
Thanks guys.

My 2012 RNS-E LED is now fitted to my MY10 Black Edition 2.0 TDI 170 3door. It came with BOSE and Aux in from factory. Aux in worked superbly with the Symphony kit.

Having fitted the RNS-E which was very easy to do, the BOSE works a treat. The Aux in function however doesn't work, perhaps expected having looked at a few other the threads.

Having fitted the RNS-E, all I've done is fit the OEM quadlock and not removed any other wires.

To now get the factory Aux in to work with the factory wiring, is the next step to follow Marc's excellent guide as provided here, or do I need to take a different next step?

Thanks guys.
Hi there, you'll need to check the pin diagram on the top of the symphony chances are the AUX in pins are in a different place on the RNS-e so it'll be a case of moving the wires. To do this slide out the connector and use a pointed implement to push down on the pin you want to pull out then reposition it to the correct numbered slot in the connector.

Thanks guys.

yes mate, follow that guide as that is what you need to do. Also being you have Bose, you need to remove pin 5 and move to pin 7 in the blue connector of the quadlock.

yes mate, follow that guide as that is what you need to do. Also being you have Bose, you need to remove pin 5 and move to pin 7 in the blue connector of the quadlock.

Even though Bose already works absolutely fine fella? It's tried and tested over about 5 weeks lol.

Cheers.

I've a horrible feeling Marc's guide is 8P2 only. I'm sure my MY10 quadlock looks different to that.

Is there a 2009+ guide at all please?

Thanks.

Your quadlock is the same mate, all quadlocks are the same regardless.
Just follow that guide, and as said, make sure you change the Bose Pin 5 to 7, it will show on the wiring diagram on top of your RNS-e. you will find that pin 7 is already occupied, that pin will be used for the Aux Left, also remove Pin 1 for Aux Right, and also Pin 3 for ground.
Remember, those wires will be inserted to the new 32 pin connector you will need from Audi. It is all explained in that link mate.

Your quadlock is the same mate, all quadlocks are the same regardless.
...Remember, those wires will be inserted to the new 32 pin connector you will need from Audi. It is all explained in that link mate.

Looking at attacking this today fella.
I was all confident and got to the car, came back to the laptop then re-read the advice you kindly provided.

Bit worried by the reference to the '32 pin connector you will need from Audi'. I thought I had all the components I needed already and was simply re-arranging some wires in the quadlock that I've got? :sadlike:

I wish I had a clue what I was doing. The guide isn't that clear to a wiring idiot like myself and I don't want to stop the Bose working with the RNS (which it currently is) just to try and gain the Aux in port.

Argh.....

If your near Maidstone, your welcome to bring it over and i'll help you figure it out

Cheers Robbie - I'm Northampton way though, probably 100+ miles between us if you're Kent based? :happy:

Cheers Robbie - I'm Northampton way though, probably 100+ miles between us if you're Kent based? :happy:

Hi mate, PM me and I will PM you my number and I can talk you throught it. It really is straight forward though.

As you already have Aux, all you need to order from Audi is the 32 pin connector, P/N: 1J0 972 977 G.

Then from block B(Blue connector) of quadlock do the following.

Pin 1(Aux L) to Pin 22(32 Pin connector)
Pin 7(Aux R) to Pin 6(32 Pin connector)
Pin 3(Aux Ground) to Pin 21(32 Pin connector)

Also for your Bose, simply move pin 5 to pin 7 in the blue connector.

Then finally, code with VCDS.

It really is straight forward mate, everything is explained in that link you originally posted

As you already have Aux, all you need to order from Audi is the 32 pin connector, P/N: 1J0 972 977 G.

Then from block B(Blue connector) of quadlock do the following.

Pin 1(Aux L) to Pin 22(32 Pin connector)
Pin 7(Aux R) to Pin 6(32 Pin connector)
Pin 3(Aux Ground) to Pin 21(32 Pin connector)

Also for your Bose, simply move pin 5 to pin 7 in the blue connector.

Then finally, code with VCDS.

It really is straight forward mate, everything is explained in that link you originally posted

Thanks fella for the info/offer of guidance.

I've got the 32pin connector from my Audi dealer. I'll have a crack and if I get stuck I'll shout, but I should be okay thus far.

Cheers :thumbsup:

Thanks fella for the info/offer of guidance.

I've got the 32pin connector from my Audi dealer. I'll have a crack and if I get stuck I'll shout, but I should be okay thus far.

Cheers :thumbsup:

Cool, no worries fella, good luck :)