Cabro Rear centre LED light problems (sorry)

brian1970

Reaction score
First up i would like to introduce myself to the Forum.

I did a Google search for the fault i have and i found myself here :)

I have just purchased a S4 Cabro (pics soon)

THe rear centre LED light keeps faulting, It does work now and again, and sometimes it works but is dim ?
So im thinking it must be a faulty lead or connection ? As LEDs last years (this is a 2007 model)

First up im going to check and clean connections, but would like a `How to` to take the Boot lining out to access the light as i dont want to go in like a bull in a china shop and possibly bust off all the little bits that hold in the lining ;)

Any help would be really appreciated

Brian

I would guess there is a broken wire in the loom somewhere generaly the break occurs in the flexible conduit between the boot lid and car

To remove the boot trip open the boot

Remove the warning triangle from the holder once this is out you will see 2x Allen key bolts undo these and the holder comes out

Next look by the interior pull handle you will see a screw undo the screw

Then by the boot lock gently pull the black plastic cover off

Then gently tug the edges of the boot lining to release the clips

There's push in clips all the way round the boot lid lining so gently tug these

Once released it should come off

As Gaz said...

Although it's worth noting that removing the lining will (from what I can remember when I had mine off to fit LED resistors) will probably not give you access to the LED bar. It may be the case that you can push it out from the inside, hopefully...

Wish you the best of luck! And let us know what you find...

Hi Folks thank you so much for the detailed explanation of the removal, ill have a look this afternoon to see what i can find :)

I've never taken the light bar out the boot lid but you an access the wiring to it

I am guessing that you can unscrew it and it slides out

You can get to the back of it though with the boot lining out

First up i would like to introduce myself to the Forum.

I did a Google search for the fault i have and i found myself here :)

I have just purchased a S4 Cabro (pics soon)

THe rear centre LED light keeps faulting, It does work now and again, and sometimes it works but is dim ?
So im thinking it must be a faulty lead or connection ? As LEDs last years (this is a 2007 model)

First up im going to check and clean connections, but would like a `How to` to take the Boot lining out to access the light as i dont want to go in like a bull in a china shop and possibly bust off all the little bits that hold in the lining ;)

Any help would be really appreciated

Brian

Had this on my 56 cab, tried cleaning etc but eventually replaced the unit and not seen the problem since.

Hi Brian1970, had exactly the same problem on my motor. Stripped it, cleaned connections etc, worked momentarily, and then back to the fault again. Ended up removing and replacing the brake light, think it was about £30ish from TPS, never had any problems since!

Thanks Abb, I havent taken it out yet as it hasnt Faulted over the weekend, but its bound to do it again soon.
Dosent sound too expensive to change