Remap booked

southylad

Reaction score
The a3 is now booked in on 3rd of jan with awesome gti for remap and egr software removal I am just hopping the clutch will be ok with the new power I have not had any probs with it but have here'd of other getting clutch slip after remap is it common or not ? Could do without that cost after Xmas what sort of money would it be to replace the clutch?

The a3 is now booked in on 3rd of jan with awesome gti for remap and egr software removal I am just hopping the clutch will be ok with the new power I have not had any probs with it but have here'd of other getting clutch slip after remap is it common or not ? Could do without that cost after Xmas what sort of money would it be to replace the clutch?

Mines in on Saturday and I'm having the same worry as you!! I've got my fingers crossed as I cant afford a new clutch at the moment

I'm not on my own then mate hope it all goes well for you what miles is on yours and is it a 140 or 170 they say they have the same clutch so I would of thought the 140 with a remap should be fine just maybe 170 mapped might push the boundaries is this correct anyone?

Well Im more worried as mine is on 73000 on the orginal clutch... I'm going to take it very easy as its going to be quite a hike in torque I would have thought.. Some people have said they've had no problems some have said they've had clutch slip straight away...

A guy I know with a company called tuneitup it's a custom map map Ecus been read files are done just having loaded on and then tested Saturday can't wait! As long as the clutch holds lol

Mine has 110000 on the clock mate so 73 ain't bad

Ill report back once it's done mate and give you a heads up

Yeh mate cheers are you gonna block off the egr aswell mate I just got the blank plate today

my 140 is mapped to 175hp 400nm on 63k been on for over 1k miles now. not had it slip once, as long as you dont boot it in high gears it should be fine.