Parking plus... Have I got it?

Nathan_jones2002

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am a newbie and had a search but still can't get the answer... I've put a deposit down on a 2009 S3 yesterday and been reading up on all the options etc...

The advert said it has front and rear acoustic parking sensors... I have also got the sat nav plus so does this mean I will have the graphical parking assist also...

thanks and sorry for the newb questions.

Any reference I can find with the optical parking system has a piano black screen, in my S3 mine is the same colour as the dash... Will this still have the optical parking system.

Any reference I can find with the optical parking system has a piano black screen, in my S3 mine is the same colour as the dash... Will this still have the optical parking system.

If it has the Media button, then it's the same as the shiny one but better looking! :yes:

Mind you, being a 2009 it might not be a Media one. Fingers crossed!

Hopefully mate...

Seems like a nice feature...

Thanks for the help... Take it the media button is on the unit itself... I'll have to wait and see on Saturday... :)

If it has the Media button, then it's the same as the shiny one but better looking! :yes:

Mind you, being a 2009 it might not be a Media one. Fingers crossed!

2009 will have the later RNS-e... Way to tell is if the car is a facelift or not?!

2009 will have the later RNS-e... Way to tell is if the car is a facelift or not?!

Thanks for the reply, it's a sportback so I presume it's a facelift... Not up on my audis, yet... Lol

Here's a photo if it helps... It also has a shark fin aerial.

CD6D16BE-91C3-439A-A435-E741CDF44B6B-19138-000003FF558585AE.jpg

Last edited:
Just been to look at the car again today, pick up on Tuesday now (hopefully)

The head unit doesn't say media, it has got the button with CD/TV on it. Does this mean I don't have the parking plus. :-(

looking on google, it is an rns-e with the buttons on the right hand side.

As per my PM's, no the rns fitted will not allow OPS, need the latest version aswell as coding & checking of the pdc module, which should support but without logging in, you wont know.

Yes there are top left & right corners of grill plate.

If the 8p is anything like my A6 it will have a parking button on the dash directly above the aircon controls .. If this is present then the car has front and rear pdc.

Look at the plate plinth, aka grill plate, top left & right corners of that plinth, zoom in, you'll see faint sensors & 2 sensors on the bumper.