Fading DIS

mr_sjc

Reaction score
Hi All

I have a problem in that when the car gets up to temp the DIS starts to fade around the edges, anyone seen this before. Can the centre bit of the DIS be replaced ?

Cheers Simon

1.8 T Sport 1999 'S'

It's a new instruments cluster/panel I'm afraid which needs to be coded at an Audi stealership, so it's approx. £350 to get it working again! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif I've had this problem on my S3 for the last 18 months and can't justify the cost just to see the inaccurate mpg and distance left readings, so I just leave it switched off instead.

I've got the same in my 99-T reg 1.8T and its been the same since i bought it 3 months ago. it tends to work better wen the weather is cold. i deffinitley don't think its worth the £350 to replace tho!!!

This is a very common prob. Mine has a faded area too, but I never use the display, so I'm not bothered.

New dash inserts crop up on ebay from time to time.

Its also pot luck whether a new one is any better as they're all exchange units. Took my local stealers 3 goes to get one better than my original and then this one failed after about 12 months!
Fortunately my AA warranty covered the original and Audi parts warranty covered the remainder.

Thanks guys, £350 is a little steep. I will wait until i hear that beep and dig deep and spend about £45 filling it.

Cheers Simon