Xenon AWS - self check?

jsosic

Reaction score
Hi.

I have succesfully retrofitted Xenon with cornering lights, but what I am puzzled about is that they don't always self-check when I turn them on? You know, go down then up? Sometimes they just turn on fixed.

I've been checking a few times readings with VCDS when they don't do the self-check, and didn't notice any errors. Measuring blocks from sensors were OK, testing it through VCDS (lower position, outer position, inner position) was also OK.... Also I tried sitting in the bunker, or adding power while holding handbrake, and they lower OK. Also, every time they didn't self-check, cornering was working fine...

So basically I don't have any problem just that I don't know if that's normal or not... When are they supposed to self-check and when not? I guess they aren't supposed to check if I turn them on while driving?

Huh, I got strange feeling that it was not right hehe.

Also, how does a self-check look like? As far as I can see from the car, they start in the lower position, and go up to normal position, not as on 8L on which it goes down-up-normal....

As stated above, normal. They self level when the ignition is turned on not when lights are turned on. So if you turn lights on after ignition is on then you don't see the self levelling work.

Yeah it seems you're right... they self-test when you unlock the car and turn the engine on, no matter if the lights are on or off. That's why I didn't notice it!

And test goes from normal position to down, and then back to normal.