VCDS

There is a setup procedure you have to do with the dipping kerbside mirror before it will work as you have to teach it what angle to adjust to.

Off the top of my head....

Turn the mirror selector to the centre. Put the car into reverse. Turn the mirror selector to the kerb side mirror and then adjust it to a suitable position for viewing the kerb. Turn the mirror selector back to the centre and then back to kerb side. That's it, when you select reverse next time it should dip to your setting - but you have to keep the mirror selector on the kerb side mirror for it to work.

Hope that made sense...

Turn the mirror selector to the centre. Put the car into reverse. Turn the mirror selector to the kerb side mirror and then adjust it to a suitable position for viewing the kerb. Turn the mirror selector back to the centre and then back to kerb side. That's it, when you select reverse next time it should dip to your setting - but you have to keep the mirror selector on the kerb side mirror for it to work.

Hope that made sense...

Will this also work for the offside/roadside mirror if you turn the selector to that side, logic here is that most cars will be LHD and kerb is on the other side

Hope that made sense...

Is that with or without any VCDS options ticked?

I would assume that's with the folding / dipping wing mirror enabled in VCDS as those are the instructions in the handbook for setting it up.

I would assume that's with the folding / dipping wing mirror enabled in VCDS as those are the instructions in the handbook for setting it up.

Thanks, will try again. Shame all the resources I found on the net do not mention about this procedure.