coil pack ???

vr6gordy

Reaction score
has ive never swoped plugs over on my a4 cab how hard is it to do ...heard that the coil pack will break easy on removing .... if so is there an easy way to remove coil packs with out breaking them ???? there the push it type

Shouldn't have a problem mate, the coils should pop off quite easily, remove the engine cover, disconnect the wiring on the coil, pop coil off, take out old spark plug have a look at the condition of it, put a bit of copper grease on the new one around the thread and put it back in the engine just dont cross thread it when your putting the spark plug in.

What plugs are you using??

coil packs on recall are only the ones that bolt on not the push on ones like mine ...... just swoped plugs over only took 15 mins dead easy to do

coil packs on recall are only the ones that bolt on not the push on ones like mine ...... just swoped plugs over only took 15 mins dead easy to do

Wrong way round mate, it's the push in ones that are on recall. I had all 6 swapped last winter, they're the red push in type. My car had 2 fail together, so I phoned Audi who confirmed the car was due for recall and changed the lot of them free of charge.

Wrong way round mate, it's the push in ones that are on recall. I had all 6 swapped last winter, they're the red push in type. My car had 2 fail together, so I phoned Audi who confirmed the car was due for recall and changed the lot of them free of charge.
you got lucky there cos it is only the bolt on type

It's the push on ones I got all 4 replaced on my 1.8t. They now have a grey top instead of black, I would phone your local Audi again or try a different one.