And another problem with my 170 - stuck in neutral!

eddscott

Reaction score
So after forking out £500 to fix an oil leak and £1000 for a replacement turbo this morning I can't get a gear. Goes in fine with the engine off but running it won't go into gear. If I start the car with the clutch down and in gear, it moves forward.

I just can't believe how unreliable this car has been. It also seems to fail when I really need it - the turbo went while my wife was having a big operation and I needed to get back and for to the hospital and we've got her first radiotherapy session next week and now this - I am so hacked off I can't think straight.

I also spent about a grand having it mapped, the DPF, EGR and EGR cooler removed. Once this is fixed I'm pretty much decided to call it a day with this car. One thing I'm not sure is will the mods devalue the car? Might have to put it back to standard and just PX for something more reliable.

Slave or master cylinder for the clutch sounds like bud

Sorry to hear about aloud bad luck though bud, as for mods my last car was modified and had to return to stock so I sold bits separately.

Put the car in gear, pulled the handbrake and started her up. Loud thump and (I think) the pressure plate has released.

Was the car sat for a while?
Friction plate can stick to flywheel if its been sat still for months on end.

sounds like a slave cylinder (release bearing) to me.
ive had that problem on two seats in the past.
check and bleed break fluid first.