1.8 TFSI vs 2.0TFSI

nothingness

Reaction score
Ok so found my next car, having written off the other one, its a 3 door with half the miles, same spec, s-tronic, same colour etc. Sadly missing xenons.

I found the other car (2.0t FSI, REVO stage 1 (fuel pump, remap, exhaust, panel filter)) was actually too fast, you couldnt drive it hard because you would break the speed limit very quickly, and it was very refined.

So now I am looking at 1.8TFSI's, they are 2 insurance groups lower, which is good, and at 160hp I am thinking the power will be adequate?

My question is, what are the differences between the engines? I read on here someone remapped theres and got 230hp which doesnt sound right to me...

Thanks

Ok so found my next car, having written off the other one, its a 3 door with half the miles, same spec, s-tronic, same colour etc. Sadly missing xenons.I found the other car (2.0t FSI, REVO stage 1 (fuel pump, remap, exhaust, panel filter)) was actually too fast, you couldnt drive it hard because you would break the speed limit very quickly, and it was very refined.So now I am looking at 1.8TFSI's, they are 2 insurance groups lower, which is good, and at 160hp I am thinking the power will be adequate?My question is, what are the differences between the engines? I read on here someone remapped theres and got 230hp which doesnt sound right to me...Thanks
It depends on what you want,and how fast you want the car to be etc....
As you've already noted the 1.8 is cheaper to insure,and may also be lighter on fuel(especially if not remapped),but you would have to decide if the performance is adequate.
230bhp from either engine should be achievable,but on the smaller engine,you may need to "invest" more money to get there,but they're generally pretty tough and reliable....obviously I'm not a good example to choose as mine has been fairly extensively modded.

ive got an a3 1.8T FSI MY09.
its ok in standard mode £170
per anum to tax, 51.9mpg
is achievable at 65mph.
mine is remapped to 234bhp
by APR.