S3 Preface lift Aluminium wing mirrors

danderton

Reaction score
Hi Guys

i have tried searching but not found a definite answer.

I am tempted to get some genuine aluminium wing mirrors of a car being broke on ebay.

They are on a facelift s3 and mine not. Does this make a difference?

Is it just a case of swapping the old for the new? (I mean does everything still work that worked before and align)

i dont wanna buy them and they not fit.

Thanks

Dan

Pre-facelift are different mirrors.

I fitted genuine Aluminium mirrors onto my pre-facelift back in 2005 but obviously it was a straight swap. I don't know if facelift mirrors fit onto a pre-facelift S3.

Worth finding out before you invest in the cash!

Yh. I've read mixed messages. It's the complete kit not just the surrounds or mirrors.

If you buy the wing mirror as a whole - housing, mirror, electrics inside etc - then I'm almost certain they would bolt straight in (3 bolts IIRC).

If you are buying just the aluminium housing cover for it then from what I've read on here, you will come across problems.

I fitted genuine aluminium mirrors to my pre-facelift car over 3 years ago- so my knowledge is a bit rusty. I do remember them being so easy to change over that i actually managed to do this job myself for a change :)

As above has said if its the whole mirror unit then it will fit if its just the covers they are slightly different shape so they will not

dre

Whole unit is a straight swop, if just buying the mirror caps, then the bases are different fitment, and the actual wing mirror itself is slightly different shape.

Yes as above really i bought some genuine alluminium facelift mirrors with all the nessecary bits i.e. Bases,motors,housings and glass etc. They are slightly overall a different shape to the pre-facelifts but if you have everything its just a straight swap with 1 multispline bolt behind the plastic cap on the inside of the door.

Hope this helps
Matt