Audi A3 2.- TDi clutch options

Beagles

Reaction score
hi guys,
sorry about this, i know there are hundreds of pages on this, and believe me i've read them all! Still i have no clue what to do as mine has started to shudder and gear selection is becoming harder and harder(holding people up at the lights is not fun because i refuse to ram my gearbox).
Basically i pretty much think my clutch and DMF is shod! it shudders and the clutch isn't fully disengaging and gear selection is a pain in the backside! but there's so many choices and i don't have a clue where to start..
1) do i convert to single mass flywheel?
2) just replace with standard Oem sach clutch and dual mass flywheel?
3) upgrade to the sachs organic and flywheel?
4) or any other upgraded clutch/flywhee;

Dont really wanna be replacing it again too soon, especially after the remap!

My car is currently standard engine wise, but i was going to remap it next week which is now put off to do the clutch first! The guys where its being done(R K Engineering) say there hopeful for about 185BHP which they;ve seen come out of these before and which ill be chuffed with as mines a 140. and also dont plan on doing any other power mods after the remap i would of thought either!

sorry about the repeat thread, just could never make a decision and i need to pretty sharpish!

Any help much appreciated!
Thanks
Beagles

tbh just stick to oem if you're going to add is a remap.

Thanks for the reply sliced... Hmmm really? It is alot cheaper than a upgraded.... Also wondering if changing the clutch will also solve the struggle getting it into gear... Some people blame it on the cold too. Think ill check the slack in the gear linkages and adjust tomorrow and see if it makes any difference!

1st of all forget the remap until you fix the issues as it could make it allow worse & stick with oem tbh on a generic map, it will be fine.