[/ QUOTE ]

Audi Channel? What does it cover?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
anyone who has sky digital will have audi channel on 259

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please tell me your joking with that question /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Mad as a box of frogs... Where did that one sneak into our telly from?

I've just been down to have a look... there was a short-film highlighting the technology found on an A8 (introduced by a chap who clearly doesn't know much about them (outside the details in the brochure)); then it moved on - an introduction to the new A6 followed; but the broadcast equipment had a brain-fart and the channel froze; eventually dumping to an "Audi Channel" splash screen. Doh!

Fun-poking aside though; EPG says there a programme later-on about the early stages and history of Quattro which I think I might have to catch (although I suppose it's quite likely to just be an advert for the Q7).

Regards,

Rob.

Apparently there was something called TechTV which was owned by Audi and has now been renamed the Audi Channel. I don't get sky though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please tell me your joking with that question /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at all!!! Sky TV doesn't just show pictures of the Sky all the time does it?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at all!!! Sky TV doesn't just show pictures of the Sky all the time does it?

[/ QUOTE ]
And to be fair, when I first switched it on, there was a programme about designing equipment for use in developing communities using things like baked-bean tins and such /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif.. The only reason I knew it was the Audi Channel was the indication on the EPG pop-up and the -rings in the corner of the screen.

Regards,

Rob.

sorry didn't mean it to sound like that. I thought the first comment sounded a bit sarky thats all. No offence intended

It looks like dummi's onto a winner with this /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif

I nipped downstairs this afternoon and strayed into the lounge; I ended up staying for what must have been the best part of an hour to watch a really interesting documentary into the history of Audi, and the Auto Union group of companies before it.

Regards,

Rob.

Some of the programs dont look to bad first time i've seen it and they've got some jewerly designer on what the foook is that all about,argh forget that bit he designs an audi watch.

[ QUOTE ]
I have ****** cable so cant get it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
That was going to be my next question... We're inches away from giving Sky the heave-ho because I'm considering coming off ADSL and heading back to smellywest now they've dumped the cabletime analogue network and have broadband around here (hey, someone said 10mb and I'm a bandwidth whore - what can I say?!?) - so I thought we'd go back with them for phone, net and telly. Looks like I'll be sticking with Sky for TV though. (And I bet when Sky agreed to carry the Audi channel they weren't expecting it to be a factor in retaining customers!)

Regards,

Rob.

All working now, just tuned into something about the new S-line A6. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not missing anything.

i'm liking the interviews with racing drivers and bits of old footage that are spliced between the telemarketing, just catchig bits of the old quattro rallying in the snow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not missing anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah no doubt its stuff i could source on the net and download anyway...its old promo vids and archive footage more than likely. Ahhh well guess i'll just go without /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That was going to be my next question... We're inches away from giving Sky the heave-ho because I'm considering coming off ADSL and heading back to smellywest now they've dumped the cabletime analogue network and have broadband around here (hey, someone said 10mb and I'm a bandwidth whore - what can I say?!?) - so I thought we'd go back with them for phone, net and telly. Looks like I'll be sticking with Sky for TV though. (And I bet when Sky agreed to carry the Audi channel they weren't expecting it to be a factor in retaining customers!)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep i would definatley stick with SKY as don't forget they will also be transmitting HDTV from early next year which is another added bonus. But yeah Telewest BB 10 meg for £35 quid. try there website.. www.telewest.co.uk

Good luck mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Seems a good channel - just watched all about the history of the Quattro and an Audi driver training day, some really good progs on this channel.

Wow - just tried it! Great!

checking her out, thought maybe her bum stuck out a few mm too far, otherwise ok , did you see ex page three girl gail mckenna.

[ QUOTE ]
Missed that one got Annabell croft on at the minute cracking ****. Whats HDTV.

[/ QUOTE ]

High Definition TV - I'd love to write a long explanation, but it's bed time.

I've seen a HD TV (with appropriate signal) next to a standard TV and the difference is amazing. I'll be getting a HD TV when the new xBox 360 comes out (as it works in HD) and then upgrading to a HD sky package when they start to offer it.

Kev.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like you chaps would be better off with Television X!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like you chaps would be better off with Television X!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Nahhhhh - Anyone else sign up to the 10 days free of the 6 channels on sky.... Spice Extreme, Playboy, Adult Channel and Climax 1,2 & 3........ Promotional last Friday..... Really is free as well..... UNLESS you forget to ring up and cancel before the 10 days is up........ Then 30 days written notice.......

Dont think you can sign up now - offer closed at 10pm last Friday........

All in all, another 4 rings channel *ahem*

As for the audi channel, looks good - I saw a documentary on Audi thru the ages - caught it when they were reviewing all the Groub B rally cars - Mmmmmm the S1 evolution...... Fantastic coverage of left breaking etc......

So were these channels any good then Hop, or a little lame. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

There not bad..... to be expected really - obviously not full blown / explicit material but a good / wide variety of stuff.... I've got until next Sunday to cancel - loads of reminders set.....
but like most, once you've seen one, you've seen em all.....

[ QUOTE ]
Babestation is good for a laugh classy birds to, just the sort you'd love to meet the parents /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It's all coming out now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif