Low MPGs on morning starts

rraghvani

Whoever does not try, does not learn.
Reaction score
Website
audi-sport.net
Got a Revo Stage 1 on my Audi S3 (2002) BAM, sometimes I have noticed when accelerating from stand still up to 2000 revs (not thrashing it) before changing gear, there’s an intermitted sudden kick, like a surge of power even though the turbo isn’t fully spooled up. My MPG drops to around 8.0mpg (like this morning), which to me is not correct. Once the car is fully warmed up, it seems normal – i.e. on boost it drops to around 17mpg.

Anyone have any clues as to what could possibly be the cause of this?

To be honest, my mpg can be in single figures under part throttle when cold but not noticed any "kick". It's very always very smooth up to about 2,500-2,800.

After getting Revo Stage 1, I had noticed at about 2500 revs there’s a surge of power. However, there are times when accelerating very slowly, and keeping the revs at around 1500 – there’s an intermittent surge of power, to which I have then to de-accelerate. I don’t know whether that’s the behaviour of the Stage 1, or whether due to “cold start enrichment”.

Currently it’s not causing any issues what so ever, but I would just like to understand as to why it’s doing that.