s3 Bottom intercooler hose

S3_Shaun84

Reaction score
Can some one tell me if the pic below shows the bottom intercooler hose if so which is it.

TCS155.jpg

Cheers

nope they are the upper two.

left hand one is from the second intercooler to manifold.

right hand one is from the steel turbo pipe, LH side of engine bay, to first intercooler.

these two, along with the Turbo intake pipe. (airbox to turbo) are the most commonly fitted.

lower ones are very very short and IMHO not worth the bother.

my pics here.
Id do the same write up for Audi Sport, but there is nowhere to host pictures.

http://www.tyresmoke.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/254493/an/0/page/6#254493

Jojo

im afraid thats the only pictures I havent got.

anything particular i can talk you through?

from the front:

LHS is bumper off /headlight out job to fit

RHS can be done with bumper in place, but its a knuckle scrape.

No worries Paul, I'm fitting a FMIC soon, but retaining one of the standard I/C's, and wanted to see if it was worth while to replace the hose that's behind the headlamp, which you have confirmed needs removing - thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Cheers Paul, the reason I ask is I'm looking to fit a blow off valve, but put in place of the standard dv it doesn't sound every time, I've read amongst a few of the forums for it to work it needs to be cut into the bottom intercooler hose.

I take it the front bumper will have to come of for access?

Once the bumper is off, I assume its in the bottom right hand side, what should it go from - to?

Sorry I'm not that well up, its my first turbo car I'm slowly learning my way round the bay.

Cheers

Shaun

not sure on the bottom ones tbh.

i cant remember them being particularly visable with the bumper off.

when you do find it, it will go from the bottom port on each ic, to the steel tube that crosses the front of the car as part of the subframe.

hope this helps,

but ------

if i am honest i shudders at the thought of that woeful whooshtish noises you get with a blow off valve. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

still if were all the same it be boring. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shutup.gif

Had my front bumper off a few weeks ago, but I think you can get at the bottom hoses with it in place. I tried to tighten the hose clamps. Just have to take the underguard off.

Chris.

[ QUOTE ]
Its £1084 at mo but its up for renewal just before christmas. So should come down although I'am happy with this years price.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a respectable insurance premium for a 21 year old in an S3, you must have an excellent postcode. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif