SMF Clutch Change

NobberUK

VAG Junkie
Reaction score
So I've had the car back over a week now and I'm really happy with everything apart from one thing that is bugging me badly.

Since having the SMF clutch kit fitted, I get quite a bad vibration/resonation through the whole car between 2200-2400 rpm. It seems to start from the front and almost work it's way all the way through to the back of the car. It seems a lot worse on the way down the revs when it's free revving (not under load although it does do it under load as well).

is this normal? If not anyone any ideas at all?

Im back up at the tuners tomorrow but didn't want to look like a bellend if it was completely normal!

Cheers

Nobber

So I've had the car back over a week now and I'm really happy with everything apart from one thing that is bugging me badly. Since having the SMF clutch kit fitted, I get quite a bad vibration/resonation through the whole car between 2200-2400 rpm. It seems to start from the front and almost work it's way all the way through to the back of the car. It seems a lot worse on the way down the revs when it's free revving (not under load although it does do it under load as well). is this normal? If not anyone any ideas at all? Im back up at the tuners tomorrow but didn't want to look like a bellend if it was completely normal!CheersNobber
Hi there.....that doesn't sound right.....mine does chatter a bit at idle,but under load it feels exactly like the stock clutch.

Thanks Alex. I'm taking it back up today to get them to have a listen, see what they think.

I'll leave the brand names off for now.

Thanks Alex. I'm taking it back up today to get them to have a listen, see what they think.I'll leave the brand names off for now.
Good idea....I think every manufacturer/dealer/tuner deserves at least one chance for a part that doesn't work correctly,and what you're describing sounds like a part or parts that are out of balance and causing a vibration.
It wouldn't take much to produce something like that.
We did have an issue when mine arrived from the States,but it wasn't a manufacturing fault,merely that someone had put the wrong parts out for dispatch,and it was rectified with typical US speed via airfreight,in a few days.

Don't sound right to me mate. I've done same clutch kit as s3alex and it rattles a little bit at idle and that's it. No vibrations etc. a bit harder pedal and that's it

Reactions: S3Alex