Urgent advice needed!!

Arnie013

Reaction score
Right ladies and gents, need help asap. Basically bought some FK AK coilovers (FK AK STREET COILOVER SUSPENSION KIT A3 S3 8L TT 8N QUATTRO GOLF 4 4MOTION R32 | eBay) these exact ones. Now, ive fitted one side on the rear and with the adjustable cups about an inch off their lowest, the coils on the springs appear to be touching. Now bearing in mind that the springs have a clear rubber pipe over them, is this ok or am i gonna have to put the standard ones back on?
Ive searched the few excellent threads and how tos on here but nothing like this is mentioned.
Also while im here, the adjustable seat doesnt seem to be sat on the rubber seat on the rear arm fully. Remove it? Or will it settle?
Thanks in advance everyone, much appreciate any help.
Kris.

I would be good if you could post a picture up to give people an idea of how the spring looks, also I would remove the bottom rubber cushion to allow the adjuster to sit flat. Hope this helps :)

After spending the past half hour using my frankly crap google fu and on the phone to a mechanic mate, i have discovered that apparently it is pretty normal as theyre progressive springs rather than linear. Mate said that they will settle in after a few miles. Ill get a pic of the rubber seat in a bit so you can see what i mean. Thanks for the help mate.