Engine temp gauge

nemo2182

Reaction score
Morning,
Drove my car 20miles last night and realised that my engine oil gauge was only showing 70c??? My car usually runs 90-100c on the old gauge, so was a bit surprised to see this.....Now it was only 1 degrees on my journey and untypical off me I was in top gear doing 60mph all the way....Now am I being paranoid and thinking the worst? Did I not drive long enough and hard enough to get temp??Water was spot on, sat at a lovely 90c as always. Im guessing its oil temp sensor if anything, but like I say, I didnt notice anything different in the driving? Maybe im being stupid and I need a little blast down the motorway... ;o)

Nathan

Use the climate control to see the actual water temperature...

If the thermostat is on its way out, the water temp can drop down to say 75-80c, and the water guage will still show 90.

climate???what you can change the display to show that?? how??

Hold recirc and press the up arrow.
Display will change to 1c
Use temp +/- control to make it say 49c
Press recirc.

Display will now show the actual coolant temperature.

hmmm, interesting....I will go forth and try this.....Thanks Aragon, always a pleasure

Well test done and she sat between 87 and 90c, id say that was pretty much perfect.....Ithink I just need to get the old girl out for more than 20mins driving, see if its just the time its taking....