a3 clutch problem

dawudbhai

Reaction score
hi, my audi a3 sportback 2.0 tdi bkd engine has a clutch fault.

Just recently, the pedal went soft and would stick to the floor. I thought the brake fluid was low a little, so i topped it up, and all was good for another week. Now, it did it again, where the pedal went soft and the clutch would stick to the floor. I checked the brake fluid and that hasnt moved one bit, so it cant be leaking anywhere.

Ive checked the external of the car and id assume the internal is fine too. It is driving fine again, but i do remember pumping the clutch pedal 5-10 times and i felt it get harder etc. Its been driving fine now, but i want to correct whats wrong.

Am i right to think that the master cylinder is shot or is it a more complicated problem.? All help will be appreciated.

Slave is on the box. Master is on pedal / bulkhead.

You could try clamping off the flexi for the slave, and seeing if pressure is better. But if it's not all the time, may not be easy to find.
One of the seals if probably leaking internally, so fluid is by passing it, and not pressuring.

Slave is on the box. Master is on pedal / bulkhead.

You could try clamping off the flexi for the slave, and seeing if pressure is better. But if it's not all the time, may not be easy to find.
One of the seals if probably leaking internally, so fluid is by passing it, and not pressuring.

So it's definitely the slave cylinder and full clutch job? Will I need to replace the master cylinder too and how much am I looking for parts and labour approx?