Help with passenger window issue

Mikemc

Scooby Slayer
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I coded in coming and leaving home lights, using this guide, http://audiretrofit.quinlivan.net/cominghomelights

Now it only works when I don't have the repair wire fused so basically never even needed it?

But now I'm getting a problem with my passenger window, it will go down using the drivers side control but won't go back up, goes back up using the passenger door control though, any thoughts?

Mike, you did need the repair wire but it's a 'switch-on/switch off' connection so if you flash it again it will disconnect.

The window problem is unconnected with CH/LH lights unless you messed up with something else !

Do basic settings again in VCDS to find the problem and (hopefully) fix it !

but the CH/LH lights never worked when the repair wire was earthed, only when i un earthed it?!

but the CH/LH lights never worked when the repair wire was earthed, only when i un earthed it?!

Like I said - 'wax-on/wax off' ! You just have to take the bare end of the wire and touch it to earth. Doesn't need to stay connected. If you take the bare end again and quickly flash it to earth it will toggle the lights off.

Go into 'Passenger door electrics (or whatever) in VCDS and start doing output tests. That should reset unless there are other problems.

If no good try 'drivers door electrics' with basic settings

I assume we are still talking about resetting the window not ch/lh ?