How to bleed clutch

dawudbhai

Reaction score
Audi a3 sportback 2007 plate 2 litre tdi. Anyone know how to bleed the clutch. My friend tried it today but the pedal still feels soft and he said the brake reservoir keeps taking in air so it's flooded with it and I'm left with soft pedal. Anyone know what's causing this. My friend said he will try a new pressure bleed bottle he has ordered and fingers crossed will cure the problem. Anyone had this issue and tell me the fix please..

Audi a3 sportback 2007 plate 2 litre tdi. Anyone know how to bleed the clutch. My friend tried it today but the pedal still feels soft and he said the brake reservoir keeps taking in air so it's flooded with it and I'm left with soft pedal. Anyone know what's causing this. My friend said he will try a new pressure bleed bottle he has ordered and fingers crossed will cure the problem. Anyone had this issue and tell me the fix please..

Anyone bump bump ;)

Bleeding clutches is a pain in the *** usually. If they have been left empty, or a component changed can take a while. A pressure bleeder wont always do the trick. You can try pumping pedal, then holding down, then undo nipple, do it up, pump again etc. I often end up taking nipple out, and just pumping pedal till fluid starts to spurt out. Then pressure bleed it. Messy, but generally works, and faster too.