Ordered my new milltek decat pipework today as mine was second hand and now rattling

TDI140

Reaction score
I cant seem to find milltek videos on youtube to see what it sounds like guess ill have to wait till its fitted, i went for the none resonated so the louder option but should sound good ?
then just save up for a decent clutch kit and hybrid turbo still in two minds about whether to wait till my turbo starts failing and then ordering one on the exchange deal that turbo dynamics do wait and see

Reactions: dubindan
Milltek TDI? Waste of money mate. You should have done just a straight through pipe.

I only bought it because of the sound it produces and air flow it gives as hybrid turbo is in my wanted list ive got milltek on it now but its split i think as it was a used one and not very clean when i bought it but might as well as im fitting turbo soon

Okay so far I have a milltek cat back picked it up for 230 off eBay mint condition also pipercross panel filter unsure what its running at with the map I had a new turbo fitted 5000 miles ago I'd say its 180 ish bhp what have I got to do now to get more power can I squeeze more out of it as it is its done 50 000 and is in a standard clutch what are the limits for what an what are the prices does it need the decat pipe to tweek it more I don't understand that the company who remaped my car have mapped a 04 plate to 212 bhp with just a s3 intercooler and milltek system also I don't thrash my car all the time just a blast now and again it's a daily ride also what can I do to improve my brakes that I have basically ****** thanks dan

My remap guy can now map 140bhp BKD engines at 185bhp by bringing in the power later on through the rev range which will also save the S**t Chocolate BKD turbo lol

Dan your car is not 212bhp get that out of your mind lol, its a 140pd mapped to around 170-180bhp as seen in my picture above the guy i use has mapped a standard bkd to 185bhp which is very impressive on the standard turbo, if you rag your car and brake hard on standard brakes your pads will definitely cook and crumble away

I no it's not I said its about 185 ish bhp , I said that the bloke mapped my car a year ago has since mapped a 140 bhp to 211 with just a miltek exhaust system and s3 intercooler

Any chance you can get dyno results ? That way to much power for that turbo to handle no matter how late you bring in the torque

Yh ill try get a copy of it up he did day the turbo was on its way out when he changed te map but was still going months later when the car was sold on the clutch was slipping though

Couldnt have got more than 300ftlb torque on standard turbo, the standard turbo would blow up after few weeks but s3 intercooler must have been doing a very good job, thats why im going to buy a twintercooler mostly because it looks awesome but also will keep temprature low and also will help my turbo last longer

208bhp sorry not 211 ill try an copy it tomorw to post on here but if you wanna have a look at some of the work he does type in more bhp on google go on there site then near the top left click on to there facebook alot of the the work is on there with all dyno prints a fair way down is this a3 04 or 03 plate that has been mapped with the dyno
see if you think there good quality maps cheers dan

Ok post on here would be interesting to see the dyno graph whats company name ?

Type in. ..... Morebhp on google then top left of the page click on there facebook link you will see alot of his dynos on there and a good way down is the 140 remaped to 208

Thats 208bhp with 313ft lb of torque on standard BKD turbo with 47mm compressor, amazing if the dyno is correct, he seems to be doing quite a lot of remaps so seem like a good quality tuner data graph is bit to simple to figure out peak torque plus cant see image very clearly but pretty good tbh

S3 cooler must play a huge part so i will be looking forward to adding forge twintercooler to my car hopefuly in the next few months

So when the map is being done is it usualy impossible to be able to get 200bhp of the standard turbo or do you just mean the turbo will blow do you think it will be okay for me to get him to do mine to 200 bhp or do you think I need hybrid turbo nd uprated clutch wht would you let him do it to before uprateig clutch and turbo

Depends what mods you have done mate you need decat exhaust system for decent increase from a remap, liek i said my mate can map your car on standard clutch with exhaust system and panel filter to around 185bhp thats macimum i would take it to on standard turbo as that turbo is a piece of S*** !!
Anymore power i would say hybrid turbo and if u want s3 cooler or forge twintercooler then if you still want more power bosio 1287+ injectors but for all that your talking £3-4k plus liek i said ive spent in the region of £7k on my car and ive achieved 217bhp 341ft lb

Would this be the same case as with say a vectra cdti 150 or are turbos better

Dont know but if you run 1.7bar on standard turbo it will blow up no doubt about it and theres only so much power you can achiever on over fueling so turbo upgrade is necessary for more torque and bhp

Okay I'm starting to understand now what you mean now thankyou god noes how he has achieved 208 bhp then do you reckon the map that was in it before would be okay to run on mine as much a I want to update my turbo it's only been on 5 months due to the old one leaking oil through so don't really want to replace it becue I want get my money back it will be a fair loss

208 is impressive but seems liek turbo is active at about 3000rpm which is lame !, but intercooler definitely gave it about 15bhp +

You said you where saving for a hybrid at the top of this thread....?

And revo technik quote 185 Bhp out of a bkd with no extra parts..... No need for decat air filter or anything....

Companies say alot of things, turbo dynamics said my hybrid would be 240-260 bhp but its not also they said run 1.5bar if i did that id be about 180bhp lol im running 1.7bar and got 217bhp to get 240 i would need 1.9bar and alot of fueling which would strain the turbo

Revo are one of the most reputable tuning companies around I'd take there word....

So then are you saving for a hybrid like it says at the top of the thread or are you running one?

Im running hybrid now at this very moment

important thing is, it feels like 180-200 bhp when your driving it. no point having the power on paper and not feeling the power when your driving. Revo certainly achieve this

What do you mean ? Your saying theres no point in having proof of what power your car is running ?, i get annoyed by people going around with remaps who say there cars have reached 210bhp from 140 and have no dyno results or anything, i just think to myself and wonder where they make these figures up from, its like anyone going to get a remap then running around claiming this and that, if your gonna get remap done have it done at a proper place like revo dealer or someone with a rolling road who knows there stuff