Engine too loud?

Sounds like a classic oil burner to me! :)

If you think it sounds louder than normal or before you had it serviced, take it back to the garage and have them check it out, maybe something wrong!?

If that fails, you could always install sound proofing/deadening material to the bulk head and around the engine bay, etc to help reduce the noise. Make sure it is Automotive material that is both weatherproof and fire/heat proof.

not meaning to hijack thread just add to it.

where can you get the soundproofing material that came on the car as mine has none.

mine to was loud until cambelt water pump and aux belt was done also tensioner changed not quiet but injectors are on way out so very noisy until warm but then sweet as

not meaning to hijack thread just add to it.

where can you get the soundproofing material that came on the car as mine has none.

mine to was loud until cambelt water pump and aux belt was done also tensioner changed not quiet but injectors are on way out so very noisy until warm but then sweet as

You can get the sound proofing material from eBay but there are many types depending one what sort of noise you want to dampen. Some are purely for audio but others are great for road noise and vehicle vibrations.

I installed some in my car around the wheel arches and floor (inside) to reduce road noise and def noticed a difference on rough roads. Think about where you want to soundproof and buy appropriately. There's lots to choose from, more you spend the better the outcome.

You will most likely want some form of a dense foam type insulation to help reduce vibrations and engine noise. Don't forget to think about thickness of the material as I struggled to get some of the interior trims back on due to the added thickness!