Collecting my car this afternoon!

mandyray

Reaction score
I was expecting to feel so excited but I feel really nervous... perhaps it's because of all the "rattle" threads I've been reading /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Mine has still not left the factory /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif I'm sure yours will be fine and don't worry about it!

My A3 does not have any rattles at all. No rattles. No noise from windows. No noise from the rear suspension. Just a pleasure to own and driver.

Enjoy your new Audi !

Thanks guys - I will post some pics as soon as it stops ****** raining!

d3fy - hope you don't have too much longer to wait.

New cars can still look nice in the rain, providing they are clean !

Yeah but I'll get wet! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

What you need is a kind person with a large umbrella.

[ QUOTE ]
My A3 does not have any rattles at all. No rattles. No noise from windows. No noise from the rear suspension.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should get in touch with Audi David.
They might want your car for their museum ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Mine no longer has any rattles. I had a ding in the boot panel and the entire rear door had to be replaced. Since the new one has been on the annoying buzz I thought was coming from the back seat area has stopped. Hopefully for good. No idea what was causing it.

Sounds like a nice spec. I'm sure you'll love it.

fixed my dash rattle myself, hit the air vent really hard and its stopped, the seat on the other hand..........

Enjoy it though Missm, they are wicked cars /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I have to agree.... mine has no rattles, creaky windows, noises from the suspension.... and no gearbox..... hehehe

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shutup.gif

Thank god for that I was starting to worry that they where all Lemons!

Get some pictures up missm I think I may have the Votex kit fitted in a few months /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif After all I have the rear roof spoiler so it would be a shame not to finish the rest!

[ QUOTE ]
Thank god for that I was starting to worry that they where all Lemons!

[/ QUOTE ]

The bit in my post where it said "no gearbox" didn't mean no noises from the gearbox (although I am pretty sure it is quiet at the moment on the workshop floor)... it meant, well - no gearbox /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

I also don't have any rattles, noises, creaks or squeeks. Just a happy happy Audi driver. In fact just the last couple of day I've done a lot of grinning in the car. It just drives so wonderfull, controllabe and smooth.

I guess you never hear the people that are just happy with their car. It is usually only the compaints that make it to the forums. Kind of gives you the wrong idea.

Mine's great too! No rattles, squeaks, clunks or thunks. Totally great car with an amazing gearbox.

It's been a great puzzle hearing about all these rattles and squeaks, all my friends and customers with Audis are all full of praise for the cars and complaints about the dealers.

But Robinson's in Norwich seem to be the best dealer to use in East Anglia. I bouught my car from Ipswich Audi but was warned off their service department by close friends.

I've spent years driving 'run of the mill' company cars - Ford F*uckeye, Ford Mundane, Vauxhall Vasectomy etc etc.

Imagine the joy when the company gave the chance to opt of their car scheme and take a cash alternative.

At last the choice to have a decent car.

Better still they even negotiated a group deal thro' a vehicle management company to enable those opting out to get their car at a discount price with very low finance.

Win - Win.

The real bonus though is the car.

After driving the afore mentioned sh-ite for years the Audi is simply superb! I've only had it 5 weeks and I've cleaned it more times than I did my old Vectra in 3 years. I must be happy with it!

[ QUOTE ]
I've spent years driving 'run of the mill' company cars - Ford F*uckeye, Ford Mundane, Vauxhall Vasectomy etc etc.

Imagine the joy when the company gave the chance to opt of their car scheme and take a cash alternative.

At last the choice to have a decent car.

Better still they even negotiated a group deal thro' a vehicle management company to enable those opting out to get their car at a discount price with very low finance.

Win - Win.

The real bonus though is the car.

After driving the afore mentioned sh-ite for years the Audi is simply superb! I've only had it 5 weeks and I've cleaned it more times than I did my old Vectra in 3 years. I must be happy with it!

[/ QUOTE ]

You're hardly comparing like with like though,pricewise.
My lack of enthusiasm about my car (verging on contempt) is the fact that it cost £24400 and ownership has shown me it simply isn't worth it.
I could put up with rattles in a 'rep box' that cost up to £10000 less (or even £7000 less if you go for a good spec one).

If Audi want to charge a premium price,they should give a premium product,but there's little in the build quality of my A3 to suggest it's any better than anything else and,arguably,it's worse than some.

My A4 was a different story.It didn't have any rattles and was very refined.It felt like a premium motor and I never felt like I had been 'ripped off'.It barely saw the dealer either,apart from servicing.
This thing's been in for rattles at least 3 times.

Seriously,people often gasp when I tell them the price of the car and I have to agree with them.
If it was more refined and better built,I'd probably stick up for it more.

Okay,I couldn't get a test drive of my car prior to ordering,but was it so naive of me to expect at least the same levels of refinement and build quality as my A4 ?

I don't think so,but evidently I was.

My A3 hardly ever rattled. But most of my other cars did. Not saying that you shouldn't expect refinement for your 25k, but you can pay a 100k for a car and get rattles, it's more about luck than what brand you choose.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jump.gif

Pics to follow!

Bowfer, I too owned an A4 - 1.9tdi avant sport - Atlas gray with lots of goodies - looked terrific. From day 1 the thing had squeaky front suspension. Every time I drove over a "sleeping policeman" (hard to catch 'em snoozing - but worth it) or any sizeable bump in the road- "squeak squeak". Took it back & forth to dealers - no joy. Drove me totally bonkers. Wrapped it up on a French motorway - the squeak didn't seem important anymore.
When I bought the SB my first reaction was pure relief that the ****** thing didn't squeak and it seemed to handle so much better than the A4. Had it for about 3 weeks - then it started with the window rattle. Seem to have sorted that now (the Gummipflege thing that no-one seems to want to try) and really like it again. Drive my wife's Focus occasionally - not in the same league as the A3. Are Audi's worth it? Don't know what else I'd buy for the same dosh....

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks guys - I will post some pics as soon as it stops ****** raining!

d3fy - hope you don't have too much longer to wait.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not as long as my wait.. From July to January (hopefully Decemeber!!) Silly time! I want it NOW!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shutup.gif

First pics... I took these are the dealership so will try and get some better ones done soon. BTW, can anyone tell me how to create my own gallery here? I tried but got errors /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

Need some exhaust tips now...

The men in this pic are trying to figure out why the little flap for the tow-hitch thingy won't stay shut! They fixed it eventually!!

No creaks or rattles to report yet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Missm

Very nice... I'm now green with envy!!! I think some nice 19in spinners would go a treat! BLING...h

I thought that as well.
if you're going down the DSG route,isn't is just as cost-effective to go for the S-line pack,especially when you get 18 inchers thrown in as well ?

Maybe, but I didn't want the ride to be any harder than it is already (with Sport). I might upgrade the wheels at some point but I'm happy with them for now thanks.

[ QUOTE ]
Nice car Missm.......ours arrives on Monday!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine tuesday /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif god this is making me depressed all you guys getting yours! NOT FAIR..... boo hoo boo hoo... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

I'm with you on the Sport vs S-Line, Missm.

My back is well shagged so I find so many cars uncomfortable.

I test drove the SE, Sport & S-Line. The SE was like a sofa and the S-Line harder than a fork lift truck.

Settled on the Sport and am well comfortable.

[ QUOTE ]

I test drove the SE, Sport & S-Line. The SE was like a sofa and the S-Line harder than a fork lift truck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Compared to our Mini Cooper S-line suspension is like driving a monster truck!

I'm more than happy with the suspension setup on my 2005 S-Line.

coming from a h&r coilovered mkiv, the s-line setup feels pretty soft, but at least now I don't have to grind to a complete halt for speed bumps and stuff...

lovely motor - you must be well chuffed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Spot on - looks great!!

[/ QUOTE ]

d3fy.....any idea why there's a delay?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure, it's still in Germany they think! Then when it comes over it will have the Votex roof spoiler fitted and then I will get my hands on it, should be Wednesday next week - maybe?!