Philips Diamond Vision - Legal or not????

JRock247

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

After reading reviews and taking advice from guys on the forums, I decided to go ahead and upgrade my headlight bulbs with some Philips Diamond Vision H7 bulbs, which I must admit are brilliant, just like having xenon's! (low beam anyway)

After driving around for a few hours last night, I thought I would like to have these for my High Beams as well, so jumped on the web when I got home. I was browsing through some websites who currently supply the low beam bulbs and noticed that 'some' sites say these bulbs are NOT road legal in the EU but others don't mention this!

So my questions is, are these road legal in the EU or not, has anyone been pulled over with these fitted? They are rated at 5000K but I have seen many drivers with HID kits that are 6000K+, surely that is also illegal?

Thanks in advance.

5000k or 6000k is the color reference, 4300k is oem iirc, 6000k is as high as I would go to prevent them turning too blue to see with!

I think the Wattage is the important factor here, 55/60 is road legal low/high usualy. Sometimes you can buy 80-100watts, ideal for high beam if your wiring is upto it but not road legal in low beam. In high beam youll be dipping when other cars in view so could get away with it.

edit:
your link are road legal bulbs, correct wattage for either high or low beam use

For what I know the PHILIPS Diamond Vision are not legal in EUROPE.

its this bit.... "Please note, these bulbs are not E marked so therefore not strictly road legal."

On Amazon the technical data says 55w and are E marked for road legal hear

Iv never understood these "legal or illegal" bulb topics.

Iv had a range of bulbs from True yellow to, 6k ,8k, 10k and iv NEVER been stopped for any.
Come to MOT time and its a "grey" area.
As long as the beam pattern is correct you are fine.
Also if youre headlights are not projectors you are meant to have washer jets and self leveling to compensate..

Althought i didnt as i say i was never stopped.

Dont worry about this legal or illegal crap, unless youre headlights are stupidly blue e.g. 10k, 12k or 15k you shouldnt have any problems.

But for the record, i think that rainbow lights are actually the main "illegal" ones as there pattern changes depending what car they are fitted to.