19 8.5J alloys Which Tyres to go for the S3, will they rub with 255/35/19

NIC1985

Reaction score
Ive got some 19 (8.5j thats 8.5 inch deep) alloy wheels but im a bit cautious about just throwing any tyres on, as I put some 225/35/19's on as advised by the alloy wheel shop so the tyres would be stretched and the alloys are battered now with chips from pot holes etc as there is no protection on them :wtf:

So now Im not bothered about the stretch I just want to protect the wheels I think I want 255/35/19R on the rear and 245/35/19R on the front but im wondering will I get rubbing has anyone fitted these to there S3

PLEASE DONT GO FOR 225/35/19R on an 8.5J wheel you will cry after a month, this is costing me £800 extra and ive only had the wheels on 2 months they need refurbing and brand new tyres,
this money should of been towards miltech exhaust system or well hope this will help stop someone doing the the same option I went for.

So now Im not bothered about the stretch I just want to protect the wheels I think I want 255/35/19R on the rear and 245/35/19R on the front but im wondering will I get rubbing has anyone fitted these to there S3

Just my views on this ....

I have 245x40x18 tyres on 18" rims and we needed to fit adjustable topmounts to get sufficient camber to get it all to work at the front.

I think that you are very likely to have a lot of trouble getting that sort of width tyres to fit.

Rear is likely to be less of an issue but you may find yourself needing to stretch the arches and run serious camber to fit.

The work on mine was all done for handling and was not cheap...worth considering if you go down that route.

Camber is all very well but tyre wear is also an issue with larger amounts of negative.

cheers alex well ive got the wheels now and dont really want to start changing them they look good when there on with no chips lol

do you not think I could get the archers Rolled?? could that work???

cheers alex well ive got the wheels now and dont really want to start changing them they look good when there on with no chips lol

do you not think I could get the archers Rolled?? could that work???

You'd need to ask someone like NHN or N8,and also to see how the overall fit is with tyres fitted.

Yes,you can certainly get the arches rolled,but make sure it's someone who knows what he's doing or you can end up with a lot of cracked paint.