Rear Parking Sensors (Installation)

Furkz

Reaction score
hi guys,

literally just bought a universal parking sensor kit for the rear and was curious if anyone's fitted them before on a B7 Avant?

i've seen how to do it on some american car (youtube) but the rear of the bumper looks pretty complicated and feeding the wires into the boot looks a paid. also connecting to the back of the lights, where are the opening for the plastic housings to expose these wire and how do i get to them.

if theirs an A4 specific guide that would be awesome

thanks

cant really help you much, but I had to fix my oem parking sensors for my rear bumper of my s4. popped the bumper off in about 10 mins (really quite easy). The wire feeds into the chassis from the passenger side through a grommet. pretty easy, and from what I can tell, diy sensors hardest part is marking up the positions for them all so they are even. the rest is fairly easy. I would recommend pulling off your bumper before doing anything to have a look where you want to wire it all.

ok cool, whats the best way to pull off the bumper?

on mine - pull out the rear interior boot stuff, 3 bolts each far side in the boot under the lights, 2 further bolts inside under the lights but a little closer to the center, pull off the rear arch liner (3 screws and can pull to the side slightly) and unscrew 4 bolts along the edge of the wheel wheel. Pull off bumper gently. Takes me about 10 mins and i dont even need to bother removing wheels, raising car or anything. I doubt the estate is going to be much harder tbh.

As above really.... Also you will find it clearly marked on the inside of the bumper where you need to drill the holes, four round circles with a cross through the middle.

My Avant took about 20 mins to remove.... Dont forget to remove the screews right underneath the bumper, lay underneath and look up.... you'll see them.

As above... take wires through gromit that feed the NS rear light