BOSE install Audi A4 B6

martyj200

Reaction score
Hi all, I am new to the site and recentlybought an A4 1.9 td1 SE.
In the past i have had 2 audi's and they had the bose upgrade and loved it.
I currently have the 10 speaker concert set up and have managed to buy the Bose upgrade parts
including speakers ,sub,amp wiring loom and microphone.
I would love some help and/or advice on the installation. Or directed to somebody who can do the install correctly for a fair price?
Thanks a lot in advance
Also iam not to sure as to how i would be able to view any replys to my post so if some one could email me that would be great.
Martin
(wolverhampton)

for replys to you thread, it normally goes to the to of the topic page when someone posts like this will when i have finished, if you want to find thread you have made or posts, click you name and then click view profile and the options are there

I would not have bothered much with the Bose, whilst sounding ok it's not by any means "mind blowing" and with a few hundred quid spent on the right gear i could make a better sounding system with aftermarket bits...You will have to remove seats, lift the carpet and build/fit a wiring loom to the car, for the amount or work is not really worth it !

I have done-it before to a b5 saloon, made a big improvement but i would not do it again to be honest, some quality components up front, a decent 4 channel amplifier and a 10" JL Audio subwoofer will sound twice as good for just a couple of hundred quid and less work !

Yes as per adamss24 - really not worth the effort involved, most people can't wait to get rid of Bose, far better options aftermarket

-1 for post above

I think the Bose system is actually pretty good. The bass is more than adequate and the sonic range is fantastic. I hear details in my music that my average floor standers at home don't produce. I listen to a wide range of music, too, from Pink Floyd to The Prodigy.

You will certainly get more features with an aftermaket head unit and more power etc but, in my opinion, you'd loose the matching lighting ambience in the car.

I currently have a Grom device that plays back mp3s from a usb stick but it doesn't quite match the quality of the cd drive so I'm considering upgrading it to a FLAC capable model.

You have the kit and you know the Bose makes a difference to your ears so go for it. It's bound to be a tricky install but I'm sure you'll be proud of your work when finished.

I can offer to install the kit for you, PM me if interested.

Reactions: Lentos
I have the standard "non-Bose" setup in my avant.

When I purchased the car I wasn't too impressed with the sound quality, but upgraded from the Symphony II to the Symphony II+ head-unit from a 2008 A4 - this increased the sound quality dramatically.

Iv been fairly satisfied with the sound for the past year or so, but looking at taking a feed from the standard rear sub and fitting an aftermarket sub & amp, just for slightly better bass volume and range. - Don't think ill need to upgrade the component speakers to be honest!

I don't know if anybody noticed this, but the standard sound quality on the saloon B6 is by far more superior compared to the avant. However I couldn't compare the BOSE saloon and avant.

The bass quality is just toooo good on the saloon.

Can anything be done about this?

that may well be the case but when you start moving towards aftermarket you will realise that the avant is very much top dog
in general saloons and convertibles are the hardest to get good sound from as the subwoofer is locked in another compartment
and there are only a few ways of getting the sound through to main cabin

speakers firing through the decklid and using the entire boot as the enclosure is one choice with the other being a box firing through the ski hatch

avants dont have this problem

I love the sound bass quality on the saloon. I have been contemplating on installing aftermarket however I feel that the sound will be too deep of a bass.

Honestly I just love the saloon sound and find it perfect for me as the bass doesn't protrude outside - Kinda stealthy if you know what I mean.

The other day I sat in an e46 with just a single Pioneer sub (12" I think) and found the bass deep however it was too powerful for my liking hence I wonder if it is possible to actually somehow implement the stock sub and amp into the avant.

altering how you install the kit will give it a very very differant sound
the front speakers in the saloon are exactly the same as in the avant
the avant has a small subwoofer and amplifier in a plastic enclosure mounted to one side of the car

deep bass is measured by its frequency response , not by its volume level
if all else fails simply turn it down to what you feel is the correct level

Sorry to dig up an old post but couldn't find anything on the matter.

I have the BOSE system in mine and happy with it but would like a new head unit with Bluetooth and/or apple car play. How does this affect things when changing the head unit over? Do you lose features or is it even compatible?

As long as you use the correct adapters to suit, bose will still function fine.

Only issues to be aware of are radio reception & possible interference, alternator whine that may require isolators fitted, but it's hit & miss which head units require this or not.

Reactions: Venomuk