Updating suspension - don't want to go lower!

Vex182

1x S3 and 3x Fiestas.
Reaction score
Car is in for new track rod ends today and the garage have phoned me and said that the O/S front strut is starting to leak and will want replacing over the coming months. Rather than standard, anyone know of any other front shocks and struts that are worth buying? I want reliability and comfort over handling. I don't want to lower the suspension at all too, any advice would be great. Don't really have a budget in mind, but don't mind spending more than just a budget set.

Bilstien B8's and H&R -25mm springs or Apex -30mm springs... <end/>

<tuffty/>

Why not? S3's look **** at standard height. A subtle 20mm drop really enhances the over all presence of the car.

I catch the front bumper as it is getting on to my drive and I scrap on speed bumps too. Standard height does me fine.

Well I have been quoted just under £400 for new standard front struts and springs so I am going to stick with that because of the price difference between them and the B6s + fitting. Thanks anyway.

Well I have been quoted just under £400 for new standard front struts and springs so I am going to stick with that because of the price difference between them and the B6s + fitting. Thanks anyway.

You might aswell get new strut top mounts and bearings whilst it's all coming off mate, should effect the labour rates, as it's going to be transferred anyways, if anything, it should make the job quicker!

Got this with only about a month or twos use (less than a thousand miles) you can have it for a few beers if you pick up from oxford mate

cce45781.jpg