Rust chip

Aidy06

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Just had car cleaned and noticed a paint chip that has gone rusty, it's roughly the size of a 5 pence piece. Should I be concerned about this? Will it spread? Just been to 'Halfrauds' for a touch up pen but they don't have a lava grey, any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Here is the culprit...

null-1.jpg

I would address that asap before it spreads, lifts paint/lacquer.

Something that large, get it done properly, no offense.

Something that large, get it done properly, no offense.

No offence taken Nigel, any idea how much I should be looking at paying for something like this? Now I need to find somewhere to do it, anybody any recommendations around the Mancehster area? Thanks

Pass, looks like the rear quarter panel, so if they do below the trim line only with a good colour match, then shouldn't be too bad, may require that panel, hard to tell without rubbing back, but it has some other chips above it anyway, just find a few paint shops fella.

Pass, looks like the rear quarter panel, so if they do below the trim line only with a good colour match, then shouldn't be too bad, may require that panel, hard to tell without rubbing back, but it has some other chips above it anyway, just find a few paint shops fella.

Cheers, I'll rings around a few today. Any good things to say about 'Chips Away'?

Firstly, needs rust neutralised before painting.
My car had a deep chip on the bonnet. Place bought car from had it repaired to an invisible finish.