Petrol Nightmare.....

just read the whole thing. Apart from being hevily distracted by the avatars, That just plain /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif me off.

That manager of that station should have been beaten to the floor. What a careless thoughtless pr1ck.

Just finished reading it.

I am not going to stop buying Optimax because of it but hope the manager of that Station gets a kick up the ****!!

Will be interesting to hear what happens.

yep, horrible story, don't think boycotting shell is the solution as it's clearly that branch, they need to do something though like sack the manager. I would have got a solicitor to demand the copy of the CCTV tape as they are required by law to keep them for a certain period i believe...

Bloomin heck, thats awful, i honestly think i wouldve gone mental, i certainly wouldnt have got in my car smelling of fuel, I hope he gets them, the incompetant idiots

guy putting petrol into car, petrol hose breaks and sprays petrol all over him, car and two passengers, petrol station doesn't give two shits and is very rude!
crazy2.gif

I would of thought the chemical division of the fire brigade would of been called, then this would of started the process of the health and safety office.

Shocking story though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

Should of called the local council, They would of closed the station down under health & safety, although it may of took a few weeks for the council to get there if they are anything like our local MBC

Change of mind! if that was me, I would take the Out of Order sign off the nasty manager, get my family out of the car, extinguish my cigarrette whilst leaving and put the Out of order sign at the entrance.

Priceless

as above shoulda called the fire services out, i'm sure police would have followed and local radio stations like they did in brum a few weeks back, i guess the shock is a bit much not everyday to expect to be sprayed with optimax!

I'd call the local petroleum officer. They canl go in and shut down the site right there and then if they wish or insist the pump is secured from use until the hose has been replaced. They will also take proceeds against the site, may even revoke the petroleum licence in extreme cases. The hose was perished, this happens over time especially if they are in direct line of the sun. You can get away with some cracking, but these are totally knackered and should have been changed a long while ago.

depends if it is an independant just selling Shell petrol which I would reckon he is. If it was a company owned site, the hoses could never get that bad as they have contractors that check these out anually. If it was my site, I would have bent over backwards - a leak like that should be reported to the petroleum officer and when the fact became known, you'd be in a world of pain and if indeed an independant site you may never fiancially recover.

Should have called the fire brigade and probably an ambulance also. Driving a car full of people wearing petrol soaked clothes is like playing russian roulette

I've not filled up there for a while (and never will again!), so can't remember the condition of the other hoses. The attitude from the staff doesn't surprise me.
Personally I'd have called the police straight away.