Help with new wheels for A5 Sportback

woollyjoe

Reaction score
Looking to upgrade the wheels on my S-Line Sportback.

They are the S-Line 18inch wheels and previously had an A3 Black Edition with the titanium rotor wheels. I was considering the equivalent for this car, but seen some nice 20 inch wheels from Rs5's etc on fleebay. Can anyone help explain what the ideal ET is for my car, and what a bigger or smaller ET does as well as what the lower profile wheels will do to the handling? I have a 3.0TDI FWD at the moment and the current set up is good, even if the traction control kicks in when accelerating each time and torque steer is very bad.

I have just found out i have "sports suspension" and not the "S-Line suspension". S-Line suspension lowers the car 30mm - does anyone know how much lowered the sports Suspension is? and how easy it is to change the suspension?

OK, thanks for the help, ive worked out that sports suspension is 20mm lower, and s-line another 10mm.

I've worked out the 33ET is what i have and the 24ET I'm looking at will make my wheels stick out another 9mm. is there anyway to reduce this and would this affect the drive?

Rs5 rotors will fit very nicely.

You may even still want spacers if you want a better stance but try the wheels first & se how you get on

My A5 has 19 Y spokes with 25mm rear & 20mm front spacers

Rs5 rotors will fit very nicely.

You may even still want spacers if you want a better stance but try the wheels first & se how you get on

My A5 has 19 Y spokes with 25mm rear & 20mm front spacers

Correct

I am running those RS5 20 inch rotors with a 5mm spacer. They are just perfect for the sportback as I ave no rubbing and I am on coilovers so will be lower than you.

SB