Door pin removal

mattyboy199

Reaction score
Fancy a set of aluminium door pins for the S3 how do i remove the stock ones ?

Thanks

Matt

I can't be sure, but I think they just unscrew. Worst case scenario would be that you need to remove the door card, which is also pretty easy too.

When I did this on my mk4 golf they simply un-screwed... Probably the same on the Audi...

Right well i tried un-screwing & no luck so i applied a little more force using plier & they freed up but now i seem to has dislodged the the wire from the central locking unit.

So could anyone tell me how to remove the door card ?

Thanks

Matt

OK, There's one screw on the inside of the grab-handle, remove that and pop-off the plastic cover (lower part).

There are now two screws exposed, remove those, and then there is one at each end of the door just under the line of the window, remove those.

Lift the door card upwards and then outwards (only a few inches at first, so you can get access to the bowden cable to the interior door-handle and unhook-it allowing more movement).

Job done.

Regards,

Rob.

I fancied replacing the chrome door handles with the brushed alum versions of of the S3 if it is possible. Will need to check for parts when I get my ETKA disc back.