My engine knocking :( tdi a4 tdi Quattro

Hasan1

Reaction score
I start the car and the engine was knocking like mad but I was about to service my car. The milage is 172 it seem missin firing or cud it be injector help

2.5TDi?

Its hard to tell what it is without hearing / seeing the engine - where are you located?

I don't mean to frighten you / jump to conclusions, but a common issue with these engines is camshaft wear on engines with high mileage on the long life service intervals.

A good place to start would be to open your oil filler cap and shine a torch in, there will be a camshaft lobe visible, see if it has any wear.
If it does it will look like this;
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_zYJ4700BbOU/TEYhqrM7wbI/AAAAAAAACZs/5jZ5aQEc57c/s1600/IMG_3379.JPG

It's a 2.5 tdi Quattro I'm based in sheffield and I can't see much any more advise it can't be injectors it could be cam shaft but before I park it up it was fine soon as I start it so I could service it making a noise

If you were closer I would have taken a look.

Does it knock constantly, or just the first few seconds after starting?

Would it make any different if u herd it threw the fone it's constantly

Cheers pal it's knocking constantly I wish never got it becous I just just got it the other day would it be better if u herd it threw the fone

Omg that the same noise would it cost alot to fit I'm guessing it not driveable hey