brakes

blue boy

Reaction score
Right building a track car and sticking with the v6 in it now for the mean time , so what brake upgrade can i do have seen somewhere about b6 calipers all round would they fit straight on ?? or any other ones that will work ????

Is yours quattro or FWD

FWD models only really have brake upgrades for the front as the rear has stub axles but there may be some A6 parts that may fit.

if its quattro then you could go 345mm fronts with B6 S4 calipers which can be had on the cheap got mine for £180 posted, or used an S4 B5 320mm disc with the 2.0TFSI B6 calipers which is similar to the B6 S4's, as for rears you could go facelift S4 B5's 256mm but with those calipers you could use adaptors, custom hoses and B6 S4 300mm disc to give you 300mm rear with the S4 facelift calipers.

im going 345mm front and 300mm rears as it seems pretty cheaper than RS4 or brembo style upgrades

wish it was quattro . no front wheel drive mate . so what could i do on the fronts any ideas ??

312mm using TT carriers and B6 disc as you wont want to go to big on the front as you cant balance it out as you cant upgrade the rears !!

nice one mate ill have a look at doing that . they bolt right on ??

yep. You need the carrier from a TT, reuse your original calipers, standard A4 B5 pads and disks from a 3.0 V6 B6 A4.

Whats the problem with your existing brakes?

Different symptoms need different fixes.

as its stripped out and lighter now the brakes feel like they need to be better then the standed ones . feel like i have to brake harder now