2 Questions about Aero wiper blades and an Iphone 4 connection

stevereid

Reaction score
Hello Folks,
It's been a while since my last post..I won't bore you with family issues tho :)
I've just gotten an Iphone 4 through work and wondered what options there were to connect it to my Concert 2 Headunit ? I have a dash mounted CD changer that I don't want to lose..if possible..so to have both the Iphone 4 and CD changer "live" would be good.
Other question..How do I tell if my wiper arms are Aero Arms ? They don't have the ususal "hook" arms to slide the wipers into..the wipers seem to slide and clip into the arms, with a push down release on the top of the arm..if that makes sense ?

Thanks in advance
Steve

Thanks for the reply Widemonkeys..but as far as I can see..the Denison Gateway uses the CD changer in on the stereo head.. so I'd lose the use of the glovebox mounted changer..which I'd like to keep.

Yeah, just found them mate,..thanks..about £200 for a multi device gateway..its a bit more than I was hoping to pay :)

Ref the wipers, Aero wiper blades are one piece, just a rubber with a sprung plastic back.

Like this:

Doorrings001-3.jpg

James,
My wiper arms look very similar to those..but with standard blades where your aero blades are..if mine were Aero compatible arms..would they have Aero blades in as standard ?

I'm 99.9% certain they would yes - you must have non aero wipers.

You can either replace the blades as you've got, Bosch items for the dealer and selected retailers for £20-30 a set. Just remember that Audi wipers have a specific fitment not that widely available.

Or you can upgrade to Aero wipers, approx £80 for arms and blades - a worthwhile mod if you can justify it, both neater and more efficient.

i don't want to sound Bone idle
but has anyone got a link for the multi device gateway?
ebay or a recommended seller
cheers matt

Re the iPhone, have you looked at the Parrot kits?
You get to keep your cd changer and gain a bluetooth hands free kit and the ability to pay your tunes from you iPhone. I VV rarely use my cd changer now, as with around 1600 tracks on my iPhone, the cd changer doesnt even come close.

for the iphone use an xcarlink one. i use it its brilliant think it was £80 and lets me keep the cd changer. i just double click the cd changer button on the stereo to swap between cd changer and iphone.